#1 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

I was wondering, NetFile opens today.

Can I file my taxes using my paystubs to calculate the amount? Or do I need to have my t4's?

I didn't work that much last year so only have a few pay stubs to look through, and the agency I worked through isn't mailing out t4's unless you specifically asked them to.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#2 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

You have to ask them for your T-4's? sounds fishy to me.

I believe you can file without them just guesstimate.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 11 February 2013 - 04:44 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#3 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

No they had forms saying they are stopping paper t4 mailing (unless you specifically ask for it) and that it would be available online. There website is crap and I cant find any t4 or even employment info (tried logging on)....

I have the stubs from when I worked, can I calculate the taxes through that?

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#4 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

likely he means they email them to save paper

or are they not emailing them to you either, OP?

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#5 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I was wondering, NetFile opens today.

Can I file my taxes using my paystubs to calculate the amount? Or do I need to have my t4's?

I didn't work that much last year so only have a few pay stubs to look through, and the agency I worked through isn't mailing out t4's unless you specifically asked them to.

I've done it in past years without any problems.

If you have a cra account (http://www.cra-arc.g...t/menu-eng.html) your t4 slip information will be posted online. Employers have until the end of February to send them to the agency. They may already be on there though. I just checked for mine, and my employer has sent them in.

fzbyi9.jpg

#6 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

What agency. If you don't mind me asking..and yes, you can...but I'd get the proper statement from them to insure you are getting a proper return.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#7 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

What agency. If you don't mind me asking..and yes, you can...but I'd get the proper statement from them to insure you are getting a proper return.

Appleone

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#8 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Its literally only a dozen stubs, should I not be able to calculate the CPP,EI,Fed & Prov tax from that?

Edited by key2thecup, 11 February 2013 - 08:38 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#9 LostViking

LostViking

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

You can calculate it from your last pay stub. Pay stubs are required to have Year To Date information on them, so just use the YTD info from the last stub. If you worked for more than one person, then use the last stub from each employer and add them up.

If, for whatever reason, there is no YTD information on your pay stubs, then just add them all up, just be sure you are not missing any stubs.

You can also obtain your T4 from the CRA after Feb 28, just call them and inform them you never received a T4 from your employer, the employer is required to submit a copy of your T4 to the CRA.

There is no legal requirement to have your T4 when filing. And you always have the option of filing an adjustment later if you forgot something.

Edited by LostViking, 12 February 2013 - 09:25 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Go the the nearest Apple One office and log in to your account there with their help and then print out the T-4.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#11 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

There is no legal requirement to have your T4 when filing. And you always have the option of filing an adjustment later if you forgot something.

$&%#! I literally just filed it using netfile, and now remember I worked a month at another place last year......

How do I go about doing the adjustment??

** With my low-income, I know I don't owe anything, but by forgetting to input this job's data, I know I just lost $ on my return.

Edited by key2thecup, 12 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#12 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

$&%#! I literally just filed it using netfile, and now remember I worked a month at another place last year......

How do I go about doing the adjustment??

** With my low-income, I know I don't owe anything, but by forgetting to input this job's data, I know I just lost $ on my return.

What if I realize I made a mistake on my tax return or if I receive an additional information slip after I've sent it via NETFILE?
You cannot use NETFILE to change your tax return. To make a change to your tax return, wait until you receive your Notice of Assessment. Once you've received it, you can use the Change my return option on My Account, our secure online service. You can also send a completed Form T1-ADJ T1 Adjustment Request, or a signed letter to your tax centre requesting an adjustment to your tax return.

If you send a letter, provide your name, address, and social insurance number, and indicate the tax years to be adjusted. Also, because we wouldn't have received any paper documents with your NETFILE tax return, include the receipts and supporting documents for the original claim and the changes you want to make. For example, if you want to claim an additional charitable donation, you have to submit all charitable donation receipts, not just the receipt(s) for the additional amount.
http://www.netfile.g...fq_ftr-eng.html

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#13 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

What if I realize I made a mistake on my tax return or if I receive an additional information slip after I've sent it via NETFILE?
You cannot use NETFILE to change your tax return. To make a change to your tax return, wait until you receive your Notice of Assessment. Once you've received it, you can use the Change my return option on My Account, our secure online service. You can also send a completed Form T1-ADJ T1 Adjustment Request, or a signed letter to your tax centre requesting an adjustment to your tax return.

If you send a letter, provide your name, address, and social insurance number, and indicate the tax years to be adjusted. Also, because we wouldn't have received any paper documents with your NETFILE tax return, include the receipts and supporting documents for the original claim and the changes you want to make. For example, if you want to claim an additional charitable donation, you have to submit all charitable donation receipts, not just the receipt(s) for the additional amount.
http://www.netfile.g...fq_ftr-eng.html

Cheers! :towel:

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#14 Mr. Ramsay

Mr. Ramsay

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

How do u fill in T4's anyways?

Posted Image

#15 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

How do u fill in T4's anyways?

T-4's are completed by the employer.
http://www.cra-arc.g.../t4/README.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.