The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Filing Taxes 2013

key2thecup

I was wondering, NetFile opens today.

Can I file my taxes using my paystubs to calculate the amount? Or do I need to have my t4's?

I didn't work that much last year so only have a few pay stubs to look through, and the agency I worked through isn't mailing out t4's unless you specifically asked them to.

I was wondering, NetFile opens today.

Can I file my taxes using my paystubs to calculate the amount? Or do I need to have my t4's?

I didn't work that much last year so only have a few pay stubs to look through, and the agency I worked through isn't mailing out t4's unless you specifically asked them to.

You can calculate it from your last pay stub. Pay stubs are required to have Year To Date information on them, so just use the YTD info from the last stub. If you worked for more than one person, then use the last stub from each employer and add them up.

If, for whatever reason, there is no YTD information on your pay stubs, then just add them all up, just be sure you are not missing any stubs.

You can also obtain your T4 from the CRA after Feb 28, just call them and inform them you never received a T4 from your employer, the employer is required to submit a copy of your T4 to the CRA.

There is no legal requirement to have your T4 when filing. And you always have the option of filing an adjustment later if you forgot something.

$&%#! I literally just filed it using netfile, and now remember I worked a month at another place last year......

How do I go about doing the adjustment??

** With my low-income, I know I don't owe anything, but by forgetting to input this job's data, I know I just lost $ on my return.

What if I realize I made a mistake on my tax return or if I receive an additional information slip after I've sent it via NETFILE?

You cannot use NETFILE to change your tax return. To make a change to your tax return, wait until you receive your Notice of Assessment. Once you've received it, you can use the Change my return option on My Account, our secure online service. You can also send a completed Form T1-ADJ T1 Adjustment Request, or a signed letter to your tax centre requesting an adjustment to your tax return.

If you send a letter, provide your name, address, and social insurance number, and indicate the tax years to be adjusted. Also, because we wouldn't have received any paper documents with your NETFILE tax return, include the receipts and supporting documents for the original claim and the changes you want to make. For example, if you want to claim an additional charitable donation, you have to submit all charitable donation receipts, not just the receipt(s) for the additional amount.

http://www.netfile.g...fq_ftr-eng.html

Archived