Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyville88

[Report] Sedins want to re-sign after 2014

115 posts in this topic

Not surprised. Maybe go with a 2 or 3 year deal at 3 or 4 million per, depending on where their games are at that point.

Not surprised. Van city is their home and they love it just as much as we love them. I'm curious as to what kind of deal they'll end up getting.

Absolutely yes. Not at 6 million per, but I can see them being effective players into their late 30s...

...I'd do two or three years...

They'll continue to be impact players, and on top of that help teach our young players.

Depends on how here doin then for how much we are paying but I'd say 3 years 5 or 6 mil

This will be one of the easiest contract negotiations ever.

I would give them 5-6 Million for 2 or 3 years. Then re-evaluate after that.

These guys can easily play until they are 38-39 years of age. They will still be elite players, sign them 3 years 5 per. That gives us 4 years to get Guance, Jansen, Schroeder, Kassian and any other young p,ayers time to develop. This is great news.

Good to hear. I'd say 2-4 years at $5-6M per year seems fine.

I'd expect them to stay 1st liners for a while yet. Maybe if they stay 'til their late 30s or 40s, they'll be solid 2nd liners for some secondary scoring.

Depends where their games are at, but I'd say 5M a season. You don't see this kind of loyalty that often anymore

Sign them for another 3 years, I'm sure they'll be still effective and they can mentor the younger guys taking over.

They'll do it, and they'll do it at a price that will give some breathing room salary-cap wise so the team can be successful. That's what their rationale was behind signing the previous deal at 6 million per. These guys are a class act and they'll show it again with the next contract they're going to sign with us.

Daniel and Henrik, combined, should deliver 120 points per year from 2014-2015 onward for another three years. By current standards, that should be equivalent to one player (say Sidney Crosby) making $8.7 million per year (notwithstanding the old CBA rule stating that one player cannot represent more than 20% of max cap).

So, I would say Daniel and Henrik would warrant a minimum $4.5mm to $5.0mm per year for three years -- front loaded so that they are paid at $7.0mm in year 1, $6.0mm in the second year and $2.0mm in the third year (or whatever ratio is allowed in the new CBA).

Presuming they both produce at a 60 point per year from 2014 to 2018, I would say they will play mainly secondary roles, pinch hitting as go-to guys on occasion. That is my best guess.