Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

filmguy1

To Whoever Deleted My Post About Times of India Film Awards

6 posts in this topic

I made a post about a week ago and has since been deleted. Some people thought I was calling bullsh*t and making it up. I have nothing against East Indian employers, but when they ignore labour codes and manipulate you into working for a set amount of hours and then receiving your pay cheque you've only been compensated for 1/4 of the total amount.

Here is the original post.

I have a friend in the industry who just had an job interview with the Times of India Film Bollywood Awards.

She was told she was going to have to work hard like an Indian, not like a Canadian.

She was also told that the rate was $2500/MONTH flat. No overtime. As many hours per day and days per week as was required without question and she should expect 6-7 days per week and regularly up to 18-20 hours per day.

If you still think this is a good idea, please also notify Employment Standards folks and WorksafeBC.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

its called a fixed salary. at least they're upfront about it. If you dont want the job, then don't agree to those terms, someone somewhere will, or they will have to change their demands to suit the marketplace.

I bet who ever deleted it called it "racism" instead of truth.

Stereotypes in this situation are actually VERY accurate, call me racist all you want.

Fixed salary would be incorrect. There are whole swathes of the employment standards act that apply regardless of any special arrangements set up between employee and employer, the one exception to this seems to be a when arrangements are made under a CBA.

So regardless of what you agree to, you are entitled to minimum wage, overtime, ample time between shifts, proper meal breaks, etc. As far as I'm aware there are not special exceptions for the film industry, but I have never worked in this industry so I can't say for sure.

And it is most likely that thread will be shut down as well.

10. You will not abuse the moderators.

If you have an issue with a moderator's actions, need clarification on a moderator's decision, or want to make a suggestion to the moderating team, you are welcome to. However, this should only be done by PMing a mod, and not by making publicly viewable threads or posts.

Closed threads

Please do not re-start closed discussions. If a thread is closed, it means the discussion is not acceptable for the forums, violates the rules or the users involved need time to cool off. If you feel a specific thread should be re-opened, please send a polite message to one of the moderators, either by private message or reporting the the first post in the original thread.

/forum-4/announcement-16-new-board-rules-please-read/">http://forum.canucks.com/forum-4/announcement-16-new-board-rules-please-read/