The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Very interesting fact

I been watching the H2 channel preview in Rogers right for the last 51 minutes while reading up in CDC and heard a funny interesting fact about face offs

Historical alignment

In the first organized ice hockey (see Amateur Hockey Association of Canada (AHAC)) rules, both centres faced the centre line of the ice rink, like the wingers do today. At that time, another forward position existed, the rover, who faced forward like centres did today, but a few feet away.

Historical naming

Faceoffs were first called "faces" of the puck or a "puck-off".

I want to bring back the Puck-Off term.

Also America Unearthed is pretty awesome

Not really Canuck related..

Guest Gumballthechewy

Yeah, I remember them times. Those were the good old days. Couldn't pass it forward neither, not like today with these high-falutin', helmet-wearin', ice dancin', NHLPA-havin' millionaire fairies too scared to skate with the puck and get tomahawked on the noggin'.

Milk was cheap too.

Lol this board is not for me. Too many people who think they know more than the next. I keep hoping to find positive commentary in different threads..

Where is there a board for Canuck fans who actually like hockey and positive hockey discussions about the Canucks..

I been watching the H2 channel preview in Rogers right for the last 51 minutes while reading up in CDC and heard a funny interesting fact about face offs

Historical alignment

In the first organized ice hockey (see Amateur Hockey Association of Canada (AHAC)) rules, both centres faced the centre line of the ice rink, like the wingers do today. At that time, another forward position existed, the rover, who faced forward like centres did today, but a few feet away.

Historical naming

Historical alignment

Historical naming

The game of hockey was more like rugby on ice at that point then it was hockey. It's an interesting read if you research the original rules of hockey. Players could not pass forward, I picture a V formation skating up the ice with lots of hitting.

Lol this board is not for me. Too many people who think they know more than the next. I keep hoping to find positive commentary in different threads..

Where is there a board for Canuck fans who actually like hockey and positive hockey discussions about the Canucks..

Archived