The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver - New Jersey

To Vancouver: Mattias Tedenby

To New Jersey: Billy Sweatt

Both players in similar situations. Tedenbys value really isn't much, (probably something like a 5th value-wise) and Sweatt is redundant for us.

For us: Sweatt has been passed by other players, and our pipeline has alot of projected bottom 6 players. Tedenby is smaller but he has alot of untapped potential. Might fit our system well.

For NJD: Tedenby's value is at an all time low, he doesn't fit NJD's system & is close to being labelled a bust. Though there is skill and upside there, It doubtful he will reach it with NJD, a change could do him very well. This trade would add a prospect in the same situation that fits there system well.

It's funny, strongly recall being so impressed with this little speedster, 1st time I watched him,(couple yrs back). Told my son the Devils hadda' good one there. Why didn't he keep progressing?

One thing's for sure-be careful in dealing with Lamoreillo/Conte(he still their head scout?). They don't seem to make many mistakes.

Devils looked TERRIBLE the yr they drafted Larsson. Here they are once again, instantly rebuilt.

I like it. Add a low pick with Sweat and NJD would probably be more convinced. I like Tedenby. He's fast, has good hands, but he never got the ice in New Jersey, and I think that stunted him. Give him some ice time in Chicago and I can see him being a Raymnd-esque player with more of a knack for scoring.

As you might know, I dig a lateral trade of prospects when they are struggling to give them a fresh start. I know the feeling of needing one, however, IMO Tedenby's value to be a bit higher than Sweatt's, so I'm not sure Lou would do it.

From a Canucks perspective, I think they should be all over it.

Tedenby is still young, and showed a lot of promise early on as a prospect. Of course Sweatt did too, but not quite to the same degree as Tedenby. Even now, Tedenby is almost 2 years younger, and probably still a slightly better player than Sweatt.

I reckon we would have to throw a little bit more NJs way, perhaps even a mid round pick or another B-list prospect would get the job done.

I am just wondering what it is about this player that we should cough up ANYTHING for, let alone a 5th? He is small, hasnt lit up the board anywhere he has been. Is he better than the Rodin we already have? Should he be placed ahead of Jansen on the depth chart?

Giving up Sweatty Bill....sure, as a lateral move but I wouldnt offer anything more.

I think this would be a great move. Very gillis like as well. I think we should move billy as he has been passed by others on the depth chart. I wouldn't offer anything more for tedenby but I'd do it to shake up the depth chart and add new competition.

Kinda reminds me of the shirokov duco move. Different circumstances but same philosophy on not letting prospects go to waste.

Good job on thinkin outside the box, smashian.

Everyone thinking we would need to add substantially more.

Look at what young guys like Loktionov, Ellerby and even today. A guy who was once thought of as a blue chipper, went for only a 7th.

Tedenby isn't worth more than either of these guys commanded, this deal valuewise is perfectly fair, he has upside but time is ticking and there is little to no chance he will achieve it in NJD's system he just doesn't fit.

Just take a look at what NJD fans say about him if you think alot more would be needed:

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1334755

I think this would be a great move. Very gillis like as well. I think we should move billy as he has been passed by others on the depth chart. I wouldn't offer anything more for tedenby but I'd do it to shake up the depth chart and add new competition.

Kinda reminds me of the shirokov duco move. Different circumstances but same philosophy on not letting prospects go to waste.

Good job on thinkin outside the box, smashian.

Archived