The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks | Feb. 12.13 | 7PM | TSN

allons-y

Anybody else listen to Mike Gillis's interview on Hockeycentral at Noon?

He was asked about Luongo and Schneider needless to say. Basically said that if no deal presents itself, he would like to keep both of them until the offseason because there's nothing wrong with 2 completely capable goaltenders. He once again stated that both Cory and Roberto are outstanding guys and that they really push each other to be better.

I think it was Kypreos that asked him if he was going to keep both of them after this season based on the cap and money issues. Gillis said that he and Gilman had worked out various situations where they could keep both Luongo and Schneider - but he says ultimately he wants to do right by both of them. And to do right by both, it would mean trading one and then working on upcoming goalies in the system. Never does Gillis mention a name for whoever he intends to trade.

Anyways, he went on to talk about Kassian. Good hockey sense, skilled player, big and tough and his skillset is hard to find. Said he wouldn't trade Hodgson for a 3rd or 4th line player but wanted a top 6 and feels like that's what he got from Kassian.

Doug brought it back to Roberto (via Reimer injury segue) - how he's way more relaxed and being himself and if Gillis would attribute that to Roberto having less pressure. Mike agreed to that to some extent but also said he might be realizing that it's more fun to be the way he's being now, try to forget about the media trying to drive a wedge between players. Also, Gillis said "absolutely not" to ever buying Luongo out, "never entered his thought process" and that some of the things that come out are "absurd".

They keep trying to ask him about Luongo and Gillis says he wants to be "pragmatic". That he doesn't make decisions based on one game and that he likes the way things are going and wants to see how things look when Kesler comes back. That in the end, he's going to do what's best for the team.

When asked if there's ongoing discussion about Luongo, Gillis said you talk to other GM's all the time but maybe 1 in 200 of those ever find traction. He said at this point, there are teams that consistently ask and he's listening, but he likes the way things are going. He said "You would be surprised on the number of teams that are asking about our GOALIES".

And that was that. Interview over.

Sorry guys, I realize this was kinda long but I'm not really into starting new threads so I thought I could throw it in the GDT

were facing a goalie who has never started a nhl game in his life. 7-1. nucks. kass with the hat trick. mayray with 2 higgins with 1 and dank with 1. hank, becomes point leader. lu with a solid performance. ahh im skipping work for this one. haha go nucks

He was asked about Luongo and Schneider needless to say. Basically said that if no deal presents itself, he would like to keep both of them until the offseason because there's nothing wrong with 2 completely capable goaltenders. He once again stated that both Cory and Roberto are outstanding guys and that they really push each other to be better.

I think it was Kypreos that asked him if he was going to keep both of them after this season based on the cap and money issues. Gillis said that he and Gilman had worked out various situations where they could keep both Luongo and Schneider - but he says ultimately he wants to do right by both of them. And to do right by both, it would mean trading one and then working on upcoming goalies in the system. Never does Gillis mention a name for whoever he intends to trade.

Anyways, he went on to talk about Kassian. Good hockey sense, skilled player, big and tough and his skillset is hard to find. Said he wouldn't trade Hodgson for a 3rd or 4th line player but wanted a top 6 and feels like that's what he got from Kassian.

Doug brought it back to Roberto (via Reimer injury segue) - how he's way more relaxed and being himself and if Gillis would attribute that to Roberto having less pressure. Mike agreed to that to some extent but also said he might be realizing that it's more fun to be the way he's being now, try to forget about the media trying to drive a wedge between players. Also, Gillis said "absolutely not" to ever buying Luongo out, "never entered his thought process" and that some of the things that come out are "absurd".

They keep trying to ask him about Luongo and Gillis says he wants to be "pragmatic". That he doesn't make decisions based on one game and that he likes the way things are going and wants to see how things look when Kesler comes back. That in the end, he's going to do what's best for the team.

When asked if there's ongoing discussion about Luongo, Gillis said you talk to other GM's all the time but maybe 1 in 200 of those ever find traction. He said at this point, there are teams that consistently ask and he's listening, but he likes the way things are going. He said "You would be surprised on the number of teams that are asking about our GOALIES".

Sorry guys, I realize this was kinda long but I'm not really into starting new threads so I thought I could throw it in the GDT

Archived