The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Forget that you hate TO for a second. Do you think they make the playoffs this year?

vcr1970

I think TO makes the playoffs this year.

It's a team Brian Burke built, but won't get credit for.

After a quarter of the season they are entrenched in a playoff position.

They only have to beat 7 teams to get in. I can't see the following teams making it:

Washington

NYI

Florida

Winnipeg

Buffalo

Ottawa (because of the Spezza injury)

In my opinion, that means they only have to beat 1 of the remaining teams to get in. I say they make it!

Yes .. they will, partially because it is "the will of the League" .. TO is one of the prime NHL markets, and they need both Montreal and Toronto making the playoffs .. they could care less about the other Candian teams .. I believe the officiating reflects that .. :rolleyes:

Yes .. they will, partially because it is "the will of the League" .. TO is one of the prime NHL markets, and they need both Montreal and Toronto making the playoffs .. they could care less about the other Candian teams .. I believe the officiating reflects that .. :rolleyes:

It's funny their situation so the Leafs haven't made the playoffs for the last 8 or so years and all the Leafs haters making fun of them never making the playoffs, even Florida made it, etc... But if the Leafs do in fact make the playoffs this year, all the Leaf haters will be like

"oh they made it because of the short season"

"we all know Leafs get hot for half a season and then suck big time so they got lucky this time around"

"if they played a full season, 82 games, leafs wouldn't have made it"

etc....

I'm not a Leafs fan nor do I hate them, I do hope to see them make it because the more Canadian teams in the playoffs, the better.

Well that got an elite d man in Phaneuf. And they have other solid d men and depth on D. They have a reasonable top 6. Much better than some teams Top 6s that make the playoffs (Nashville, Phoenix).

The only Q is goaltending. Especially since Reimer is hurt.

But Luongo could make Toronto that team though

Archived