The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo and 4 teams

BigBadBertz

MG admitted that, eventually, something would have to be done regarding our goaltending situation.He did'nt say 'Luongo'...which tells me that one,or the other, could be moved at seasons end.I think it's a good idea to have both this shortened season,as competition(and support) between each other is very healthy for both of them.

It would seem that many things have fallen in to place to make a Luongo trade easier. But I still feel that a trade wont happen till deadline or off season. I wonder if GM's would like another free preview of what Luongo can or cant do in the playoffs. He was fine last year but all previous years had some back to back blowouts. I mean seriously, if you look at his stats there should be half the NHL GM's bidding for him. He is a regular season winning monster and has had many great post season games. Not to mention a gold medal. I remember that when the Nucks went up 2-0 on Boston, many people thought that If Canucks won the cup, that Luo would get Conn Smythe. Then we had the 2 games in Boston.

OP, don't know if you were aware of it, but there is a whole thread dedicated to this in the Trades, Rumours and Signings forum: /topic/338913-discussion-roberto-luongo-trade-thread-50/">[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Check it out and you'll see your post will fit in pretty well with (most of) the discussion there.

i think the canucks are looking pretty solid all around. they could use some tinkering here and there, but theres no need for a blockbuster a the moment.

i think with the development of schroeder and the probability of jensen pushing into next years team, it wouldnt suprise me if lui is dealt for nothing but picks and prospects, which for the canucks sake can wait till the off season.... might as well hold onto Lui for the run, which im betting the same goalie philosophy will be used in the playoffs as is this regular season, unless an offer gillis cant refuse comes across his table, which imo is doubtfull.

doesnt mean there wont be other moves made, but i think our goalies will be here for the whole year.

Archived