Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Request to all media!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 Rhinocook

Rhinocook

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

As a hockey fan and a die hard Canucks fan I have one request of all media surrounding our Canucks.

PLEASE STOP ASKING THE GOALIES AND COACHES ABOUT THE GOALIE SITUATION!!!!!

None of you interviewers are going to come up with a new way of asking about the "coin toss" or what the goalies think the reasoning is behind the decision.

You are not going to finally get AV to show his hand and give you his true thoughts on the subject.

You are not going to gain any new insight into the situation.

Let it go! Please. We are so sick of hearing the same crappy questions that elicit the same non-committal responses from the players and coaches. Can't you tell by the look in the players and coaches faces that they think you are fools for even asking??? And we the public are really sick of it as well!

Chasing this "story" with no new events to report is really really poor journalism. It only serves to make you all look inept. At what point are you going to realize that no one is going to tell you anything new????

I would really rather here you ask players about the wins in a row, about injury recovery, about line changes, about the super skills comp, about upcoming games........ anything!!!!

Pick yourselves up out of the gutters and start asking something that will get us fans (who you are working to impress and entertain) something to talk about around the proverbial water cooler.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Figure it out!
Sig is way too large, 500KB limit

#2 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

This board is not full of media members
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#3 Rhinocook

Rhinocook

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

YEAH.... but it feels good to put it out there into the universe...... even if they were on here, I'm not crazy enough to think they would care or listen..... just like to vent.... and state what is the obvious to me...... GO CANUCKS GO

#4 Rhinocook

Rhinocook

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

ps... maybe we should start a petition and submit it to all media outlets!!!!

#5 literaphile

literaphile

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I don't think this will be as effective as you hope.

#6 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Its Vancouver.. The media is blood thirsty for Canadas greatest team.
Posted Image

#7 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

I agree with everything in this thread.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#8 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

HERE HERE!!!!!

#9 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

What else are they going to ask...

#10 Rhinocook

Rhinocook

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

What else are they going to ask...

That's my point!!!! There are TONS of other things I would love to know about the team and players! That is the medias job, to know what questions to ask!

Hey! Minnesota is coming to town. They made some major upgrades to their offense this off season. What do our defencemen feel they are going to be up against? How are they going to deal with it? See what I just did there? I DIDN'T ask about the goalies!!!! And I cook for a living!!!! Maybe I should change careers!

Edited by Rhinocook, 12 February 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#11 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

The media needs something people will listen to. They certainly wont want to hear about curling or badminton.

Posted Image

#12 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,399 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yup, but it is full of threads about Luongo or Schneider or both. Some people just need to vent, regardless of how effective it is, or if it follows the board rules or not.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year.

#13 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hey! Minnesota is coming to town. They made some major upgrades to their offense this off season. What do our defencemen feel they are going to be up against? How are they going to deal with it? See what I just did there? I DIDN'T ask about the goalies!!!! And I cook for a living!!!! Maybe I should change careers!

I'm not for the goalie questions but I'm also not into generic questions like this as they usually demand generic answers.

I would ask Hank if he's looking forward to becoming our frachises all time #1 scorer tonight after we spank the wild.

I'd also Ask him how he feels about accompanying that with a hatty ;)
Posted Image

#14 Rhinocook

Rhinocook

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

I'm not for the goalie questions but I'm also not into generic questions like this as they usually demand generic answers.

I would ask Hank if he's looking forward to becoming our frachises all time #1 scorer tonight after we spank the wild.

I'd also Ask him how he feels about accompanying that with a hatty ;)

+ 1! Great question! I agree with you. Just showing how easy it is to avoid the goalie issue.

#15 Rhinocook

Rhinocook

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Yup, but it is full of threads about Luongo or Schneider or both. Some people just need to vent, regardless of how effective it is, or if it follows the board rules or not.

R u implying that this doesn't follow the rules??? oh, and again, the German's didn't bomb Pearl harbour.

I want to hear from fans the questions that THEY WANT asked by the media.

#16 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Maybe it the team hadn't dragged this on so long they wouldn't have the need to ask about it.

#17 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

next time av lou or cory is interviewed, they should have kb stand in the background waiting for the inevitible question. at that time he should call thier phone. when av, cory lou answer, make it look like the call is very important and walk out on the interview.
not just to be rude, to let them sit there and speculate if its a call about a trade.

#18 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

If you really hate the media boycott it. If we all stopped buying the paper it would stop.

This will never happen though, its just like flipping over a dead crow to look at all the maggots, as gross and wrong as it is, it feeds our curiosity.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#19 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,399 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

R u implying that this doesn't follow the rules??? oh, and again, the German's didn't bomb Pearl harbour.

I want to hear from fans the questions that THEY WANT asked by the media.

I'm not a mod, so I'll just give my opinion on this thread:

Considering the Canucks Talk forum is "For Canucks related talk only. Game day threads and team specific info." do you think a thread talking about the Vancouver media (all media for that matter) fits that description? If you feel that the discussion is more about the media talking about Luongo and Schneider (along with the trade rumours or just who starts) then would one of the many existing threads not already do the trick?

It's personal opinion, but I certainly find it annoying to have a new thread (apart from the GDT) which usually are redundant (which was my point) for each time an announcement is made on who starts next, any new article on the goalie situation, and every time Luongo tweets. We've manager to roll most of that into a few threads (like the Luongo discussion thread and GDTs) but then some don't like to have their post lost in with all the other ideas that relate to those topics.

One thing's for sure, no one from the media will be reading this so it'll have literally no effect on what they do.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year.

#20 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

That's my point!!!! There are TONS of other things I would love to know about the team and players! That is the medias job, to know what questions to ask!

Now I gotta ask Rhinocook, are you cooking Rhino's?

Edited by Dogbyte, 12 February 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#21 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I wish the media would report a whole lot more about the team's prospects. I'm sure a large contingent of Canucks fans are interested in that subject.

Re: the goaltending situation, I think there's a balance here. Yes, the media has to stop asking the coach, GM and the goalies themselves about the goalie situation. However, it is true that the whole thing is one giant question mark that's still floating around out there and the organization has to understand that as long as there's no concrete resolution, speculation will run rampant and reporters will inquire a thousand different ways because that's their job and everyone just wants to know what's going on! Am I happy to have both here, knowing that this team is going to get elite goaltending every night? You bet, but I'm also getting kind of anxious to know what direction the organization is going in already. I realize Gillis doesn't want to be too transparent about his intentions as well, so I don't know. I guess the fans and the media just have to enjoy this situation while it lasts and try not to worry about what's going on behind the scenes, while the Canucks also have to accept that they're going to have to keep answering questions about it.

#22 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I would really rather here you ask players about the wins in a row, about injury recovery, about line changes, about the super skills comp, about upcoming games........ anything!!!!

Pick yourselves up out of the gutters and start asking something that will get us fans (who you are working to impress and entertain) something to talk about around the proverbial water cooler.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Figure it out!

Well said sir +1 for you.

elvis 15 thinks every thread that isn't the forum rules is redundant so don't take it to heart.

#23 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Cancer, now that I have your attention... The Media SUCKS! :bigblush:
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#24 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,332 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

WTF?!

I had no idea this was happening.

Crazy.

People and media actually think this way?

I thought the only newsworthy goalie story was the Flames lack of depth with backstoppers.

*shrugs*

:P

2sa1qgh.jpg

The Canucks Playoff preparation

#25 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

The media asks the questions because its what people want them to ask, same reason the board is filled with people talking about the same thing. It's all about getting the most interest in there broadcast, if people didn't care they would ask something different. I would love for them to ask insightful questions and use the time to educate the fans on the team but its not going to happen for the same reason that Justin Bebber is selling records.

#26 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Cancer, now that I have your attention... The Media SUCKS! :bigblush:

Same with top 10 music.

#27 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'm almost certain that a few media members peruse these boards.

Look at how many hits that T Gallagher thread got!

Edited by scottiecanuck, 12 February 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#28 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I feel the need to mention that there is no evidence that Einstein ever said or wrote that line you have given as a quote. it IS a phrase commonly used in Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, in use since the early 80s.

Other than that, totally agree lol

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 12 February 2013 - 08:47 PM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#29 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,643 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Actually, there are many more members of the media who lurk this site than you'd like to believe.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#30 Perfect From Now On

Perfect From Now On

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Actually, there are many more members of the media who lurk this site than you'd like to believe.

well of course there is, they've got to get their "expert analysis" from somewhere
Posted Image

Paradise with pines and ice.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.