The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Request to all media!

Rhinocook

I wish the media would report a whole lot more about the team's prospects. I'm sure a large contingent of Canucks fans are interested in that subject.

Re: the goaltending situation, I think there's a balance here. Yes, the media has to stop asking the coach, GM and the goalies themselves about the goalie situation. However, it is true that the whole thing is one giant question mark that's still floating around out there and the organization has to understand that as long as there's no concrete resolution, speculation will run rampant and reporters will inquire a thousand different ways because that's their job and everyone just wants to know what's going on! Am I happy to have both here, knowing that this team is going to get elite goaltending every night? You bet, but I'm also getting kind of anxious to know what direction the organization is going in already. I realize Gillis doesn't want to be too transparent about his intentions as well, so I don't know. I guess the fans and the media just have to enjoy this situation while it lasts and try not to worry about what's going on behind the scenes, while the Canucks also have to accept that they're going to have to keep answering questions about it.

I would really rather here you ask players about the wins in a row, about injury recovery, about line changes, about the super skills comp, about upcoming games........ anything!!!!

Pick yourselves up out of the gutters and start asking something that will get us fans (who you are working to impress and entertain) something to talk about around the proverbial water cooler.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Figure it out!

The media asks the questions because its what people want them to ask, same reason the board is filled with people talking about the same thing. It's all about getting the most interest in there broadcast, if people didn't care they would ask something different. I would love for them to ask insightful questions and use the time to educate the fans on the team but its not going to happen for the same reason that Justin Bebber is selling records.

Archived