The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks & SportsNet sign 10 Year Deal

WHL rocks

While I love Sportsnet for John and John, their production value leaves much to be desired. This becomes glaringly apparent when we're subjected to the intermission dribble courtesy of our favourite newspaper personalities.

TSN does a far better job at this. Their SportsCentre ESPN-rip is well done. Too bad they don't carry more of our games.

I love the institution that is the CBC. I love the concept of HNIC, but they're never particularly good for us Canucks fans. Don Cherry is senile and they don't value BC viewership (from a business perspective, I don't blame them. They need to maximize viewership or the Feds might slash their budget even more drastically).

I no longer live in Vancouver. As a Canuck-obsessed Montrealer without cable I'm pretty grateful for the free, high quality streaming that CBC provides. TSN should honestly provide this as well. They have the necessary infrastructure as they did this for the olympic games.

Even with Centre-Ice, TSN and CBC games are blacked out.

So, in closing: love the local, homer Sportsnet broadcasts, but I hope that Rogers pours more money into the production value. The corporation is loaded. As someone mentioned they actually have increased their quantity of sports offerings, but it's time their broadcast quality followed suite.

On topic, but did Jim Hughson used to work/ be on Sportsnet a few years back and used to always follow the Canucks? I was younger back then and don't remember :P. Love Sportsnet, definitely the best at broadcasting the Canucks imo, they actually talk about the game and the two teams playing unlike CBC whereas they talk about it for 2 minutes and ramble on to Toronto etc . .

While I love Sportsnet for John and John, their production value leaves much to be desired. This becomes glaringly apparent when we're subjected to the intermission dribble courtesy of our favourite newspaper personalities.

TSN does a far better job at this. Their SportsCentre ESPN-rip is well done. Too bad they don't carry more of our games.

I love the institution that is the CBC. I love the concept of HNIC, but they're never particularly good for us Canucks fans. Don Cherry is senile and they don't value BC viewership (from a business perspective, I don't blame them. They need to maximize viewership or the Feds might slash their budget even more drastically).

I no longer live in Vancouver. As a Canuck-obsessed Montrealer without cable I'm pretty grateful for the free, high quality streaming that CBC provides. TSN should honestly provide this as well. They have the necessary infrastructure as they did this for the olympic games.

Even with Centre-Ice, TSN and CBC games are blacked out.

So, in closing: love the local, homer Sportsnet broadcasts, but I hope that Rogers pours more money into the production value. The corporation is loaded. As someone mentioned they actually have increased their quantity of sports offerings, but it's time their broadcast quality followed suite.

Shorty doesn't have the greatest voice, but he provides quality commentary. Garrett's a homer but hilarious. I've learned so much about Kraft Dinner. TSN has a great panel and set-up, but they just focus so much on drama & Toronto. I only care about CBC for Jim Hughson.

Such a funny interview

Overall I like TSN better but I like John & John and I like the intermissions at home where they get local reporters talking Canucks. I don't like when they go back to some toronto studio and have guys that aren't around the team trying to take wild guesses at what is happening with the team. Not to mention TSN will get so obsessed with some other incident that happened in some other game and won't hardly talk about the Canucks at all. James Duthie straddles the line between host and circus clown at times.

CBC has some strong and some weak points. Hotstove is the best intermission show in hockey. If only they could get rid of PJ Stock.

I don't care where I'm watching the game from, even if it's from an American feed, as long as the Canucks win!

But if I had to choose one, it would be Sportsnet. TSN tries too hard, although still entertaining. This is a great move for Canucks fans.

I love Sportsnet. Shorty's the second best Play-by-Play man, next to Hughson IMO. Garrett is a bit homer-ish but he's funny sometimes. You can always count on him for a cheesy quote on the "participating product".

I like TSN's analysis best, but Sportsnet's is decent too.

Archived