The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas Dad Accused of Murdering Drunk Driver Who Killed Kids

hsedin33

It depends entirely, you guys. If this father waited for like months or years to get the guy back, then that's different. But from what I get from the story, he ran his kids over in front of him right outside his house, and within ten minutes of seeing his kid die and the other be in bad shape, he went and got his gun and shot the guy. The pedo case was months after. This happened literally in the heat of the moment.

I'd honestly be surprised if someone could keep a level head if they watched someone they really loved be pointlessly killed right in front of them.

The murder here was the drunk who killed the boys. The drunk's family should get the body back in a box and can do what ever they wish from there. ZERO tolerance for killing while drunk behind the wheel. He should have dragged the frakker out of his vehicle and held him in a nice dark basement for a few years. Post a few youtube videos so his family can see how nice his accommodations are from time to time.

Almost like a shakespearian tradgedy. Horrible to see so much death, I can't say I blame the father at all, no parent should have to outlive their children let alone witness such a horrific event involving his kids first hand. Though the drunk driver, while his actions are inexcusable, was basically still just a kid as well. This is a tough article to read. I can't believe in this day and age with the penalties associated with drunk driving that people would still do it, its not like its hard to call a cab or a friend/relative to pick you up.

Guest Gumballthechewy

What this thread proves is that guns are not the problem, it's the humans that have no emotional control that's the problem.

The murder here was the drunk who killed the boys. The drunk's family should get the body back in a box and can do what ever they wish from there. ZERO tolerance for killing while drunk behind the wheel. He should have dragged the frakker out of his vehicle and held him in a nice dark basement for a few years. Post a few youtube videos so his family can see how nice his accommodations are from time to time.

Hey Wetcoaster, if the guy lost his two sons and was very emotional at the time, couldn't there be some leniancy in the sentence since it happened so fast it might've been like he didn't really have control of his actions? I could imagine losing two children, on my own property, would probably get a pretty crazy reaction out of me. Could you call it tresspassing or anything too? I thought in some parts of the US you could actually shoot people that came on your property.

I don't think people are really saying he should be left off the hook for what he did, more that they can understand why he did what he did. I'd agree with a lesser sentence for sure, considering the circumstances at least. You're suppose to feel safe at home. To be around there, and see a family member be killed would be horrible. Can't imagine the family would want to stay at that place when they'd have to remember their children/siblings died right out front or whatever.

What he's saying is that while you can empathize with the father, it doesn't excuse what he did. Killing someone when you're really, really mad is still a crime, regardless of what that person did to you. If we let people off because they were getting revenge on someone when they committed a crime, our prisons would be empty.

Archived