The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas Dad Accused of Murdering Drunk Driver Who Killed Kids

hsedin33

enraged father + hopeless judicial systems = not the last time were gonna read a story like this

Also what personally sickens me is that Canada's system is so flawed that the driver who killed the two sons would have seen minimal time in jail while a family will be grief stricken the rest of there lives. I personally do not agree with what the father did but his thought process is not without merit if you truly put yourself in that position. Family is everything! Take that away and your left with empty souls.

Guest Gumballthechewy

It doesn't gain anyone anything, except more grief. I was never condoning what the father did, nor did I ever say that anyone who would react in a similar manner would be right. What I was saying, pretty clearly actually, was that many people would react similarily if given the opportunity. Sometimes people see red and lose it. It doesn't make it right in any circumstance, but it is understandable in some situations when people do. I understand why the father did what he did. And if I did the same thing, I would be equally wrong in doing so.

If a cop can't tell if a person is drunk or diabetic or having any of the similar medical emergencies that mimic drunkeness, how can any citizen?

So I guess the world would consider killing diabetics as collateral damage?

So he went back to his house to get the gun, and came back to kill the guy? I'd be interested in knowing how much time there was between the kids dying and the guy going to get his gun and coming back.

Either way let him sit in jail for a good chunk of time.

Archived