#211 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

You should google the words "Maple Leafs PDO"

I think that will speak a lot more clearly about whats going on.

I don't want to tell you that you're wrong... but to say that Frazer Mcclaren is the reason the Leafs are doing decent is the furthest thing possible from correct.

You should google the words "Maple Leafs PDO"

I think that will speak a lot more clearly about whats going on.

I don't want to tell you that you're wrong... but to say that Frazer Mcclaren is the reason the Leafs are doing decent is the furthest thing possible from correct.

I am sure if you ask the Leafs players (soft players like Kadri, Bozak etc) if the presence of McClaren, Frazer and Orr make them better, their answer would be YES. The soft players on the leafs now won't be intimadated by those big teams like the Fleyrs, Burins....if you can't see this fact, you are blind.....

#212 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

I am sure if you ask the Leafs players (soft players like Kadri, Bozak etc) if the presence of McClaren, Frazer and Orr make them better, their answer would be YES. The soft players on the leafs now won't be intimadated by those big teams like the Fleyrs, Burins....if you can't see this fact, you are blind.....

errr.... pls kindly tell me were the Leaf finished the past 4 seasons. Thank you kindly.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#213 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

errr.... pls kindly tell me were the Leaf finished the past 4 seasons. Thank you kindly.

That's the whole point. The leafs sucked for the past 4 years under Wilson, who does not like BIG and TOUGH hokcey. Now with the new coach, the team adds several legit tough guys and look what happened? The Leafs used to get owed by big teams like the Flyers, but the leafs have already beaten the Flyers twice this season. See the point?

#214 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

That's the whole point. The leafs sucked for the past 4 years under Wilson, who does not like BIG and TOUGH hokcey. Now with the new coach, the team adds several legit tough guys and look what happened? The Leafs used to get owed by big teams like the Flyers, but the leafs have already beaten the Flyers twice this season. See the point?

Or you know...

3rd in even strength save %, and a PDO of 1039...

But lets just ignore facts, and go with your theory, right?

#215 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

crystal clear unless your a kumbaya type
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#216 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Wilson doesn't like big and tough hockey? where are you getting your facts from? And no, under the new coach they only added McLaren. It's ridiculous to think that adding McLaren suddenly made them a good team. They have good prospects stepping up right now Kadri, Frattin JVR Kulemin and that's why they've had a little success recently. I don't see the point Leafs used to get owned by everybody not just big teams, beating Philly in 2 regular season games prove nothing.

#217 Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

"If you can't beat em in the ally you can't beat em on the ice" Conn Smythe

Toughness has always been a part of the equation, nearly every cup winner has had its share of tough guys and enforcers, the trick is finding tough guys who can play a regular shift (Chris Neil, Brandon Prust) and not take too many stupid penalties that hurt you. Tough guys are not the same as Goons or Thugs.

Edited by Johnny Bravo, 26 February 2013 - 05:36 AM.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
Blaise Pascal

#218 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Is that all you ever have to say?

The more I go through the 8 threads about toughness the more I start thinking that you, And Understand are just a couple of trolls.

Whining and crying that we aren't tough enough. Yet never offer up any trade scenarios or signings that can help. Probably because you know your scenarios will be laughed at by the masses.

You two can't seem to comprehend this isn't NHL 12 where you can trade for whatever you want on a whim, you have to work with what you got. And considering this is basically the same team from the SCF it's a pretty damn good start

#219 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Think they will continue to get the 3rd best 5 v 5 EV save %?
Do you think a team 1039 PDO is maintainable?

Or is Frazer Mcclaren really the difference...

#220 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Wilson doesn't like big and tough hockey? where are you getting your facts from? And no, under the new coach they only added McLaren. It's ridiculous to think that adding McLaren suddenly made them a good team. They have good prospects stepping up right now Kadri, Frattin JVR Kulemin and that's why they've had a little success recently. I don't see the point Leafs used to get owned by everybody not just big teams, beating Philly in 2 regular season games prove nothing.

Actually they also added Mark Fraser, a big crease clearing D and a decent fighter.

They have:

Orr (6'3 222)
Frazer (6'5 230)
Brown
Fraser (6'4 220)
Phagoof (to an extent, has decent fighting ability and a good hitter) 6'3 215

For fighting ability.

Then in terms of strictly size and a bit of grit.

Komarov (most hits in the league, but small)
Franson (6'5 213)
Steckel (6'6 215)
Komisarek (6'4 243)
JVR (6'3 200)
Holzer (6'3 205)
Kulemin (6'1 225)

A big, tough team, can't argue with that.

Edited by Rinaldo36, 26 February 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#221 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Actually they also added Mark Fraser, a big crease clearing D and a decent fighter.

They have:

Orr (6'3 222)
Frazer (6'5 230)
Brown
Fraser (6'4 220)

For fighting ability.

Franson (6'5 213)
Steckel (6'6 215)
Komisarek (6'4 243)
JVR (6'3 200)
Holzer (6'3 205)
Kulemin (6'1 225)

:( Hate to see the laffs have a big and tough team....and winning.

#222 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

They have:

Orr (6'3 222)
Frazer (6'5 230)
Brown
Fraser (6'4 220)

For fighting ability.

Franson (6'5 213)
Steckel (6'6 215)
Komisarek (6'4 243)
JVR (6'3 200)
Holzer (6'3 205)
Kulemin (6'1 225)

One could argue that Franson, and JVR are anything but tough, And that Komisarek and Steckel have barely even played

#223 garthsbutcher

garthsbutcher

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

You Sir do indeed get it! they have made there skilled and smaller players two inches and twenty pounds heavier simply by the fact that someone has their back!

#224 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

One could argue that Franson, and JVR are anything but tough, And that Komisarek and Steckel have barely even played

One could argue you have trouble reading.

I stated "Then in terms of STRICTLY SIZE and a bit of GRIT after stating those players.

Edited by Rinaldo36, 26 February 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#225 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

You Sir do indeed get it! they have made there skilled and smaller players two inches and twenty pounds heavier simply by the fact that someone has their back!

I am sure if we add guys like Thornton, Orr, Clowe etc, the Sedins, Burrows, Raymonds will be two inches taller and 20 lbs heavier too....

#226 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

One could argue you have trouble reading.

I stated "Then in terms of STRICTLY SIZE and a bit of GRIT after stating those players.

Lol JVR doesn't even average a hit a game, that's no grit right there, Cody Franson as a Dman doesn't average 2 hits a game. Steckel also barely averages a hit a game, how is that gritty at all? I'd say that's a pretty useful stat in trying to measure grit since you used it for Komarov who I agree is gritty

Good for them for being tall though

Anyone here remember Taylor Pyatt? Marc Chouinard? They were tall to. Maybe we should inquire about them.

I didn't say all those players weren't gritty but including JVR and Franson on the list or Steckel and Komisarek who are consistently healthy scratches. And saying they contribute to the "grit" that's helping them win is just off base

Edited by WonderTwinPowers, 26 February 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#227 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

They have:

Orr (6'3 222)
Frazer (6'5 230)
Brown
Fraser (6'4 220)

For fighting ability.

Franson (6'5 213)
Steckel (6'6 215)
Komisarek (6'4 243)
JVR (6'3 200)
Holzer (6'3 205)
Kulemin (6'1 225)

They added Mark Fraser last year, i never said they weren't a big tough team, I just don't think their recent success is due to them acquiring McLaren and i find it hilarious how some posters are thinking they are like the Boston Bruins now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.