CBC the best?

#32 Brendan Gaunce

Brendan Gaunce

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Anyone else have the game not working on TSN Hd channels with Optik TV? The SD worked fine.

Posted Image

#33 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

CBC the best?

No way. Sportsnet is the best by a mile when it comes to game coverage, especially for the western conference Canadian teams.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#34 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

No way. Sportsnet is the best by a mile when it comes to game coverage, especially for the western conference Canadian teams.

No no no,
When a canucks fan can't see most of the games because of stupid regional blackouts, I will hold a grudge against sportsnet.
And tsn is better than any Chanel to watch hockey, but unlike people in BC, I don't get to watch many games so when there on I don't care who's commentating.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#35 thirtyfive35

thirtyfive35

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

You honestly expect them to leave a Nationally broadcast game that is going into Overtime, so that some whiners can watch the first 5-10 minutes of the first period in another game??

#36 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

No no no,
When a canucks fan can't see most of the games because of stupid regional blackouts, I will hold a grudge against sportsnet.
And tsn is better than any Chanel to watch hockey, but unlike people in BC, I don't get to watch many games so when there on I don't care who's commentating.

I am in Alberta, but I usually have Center Ice, or I find the sportsnet feed streamed online. I don't like watching an out of area broadcast of sportsnet, but for regional coverage there's no media guys that spends as much time around the team as the sportsnet guys do. They have more than half of the games in a season. Their announcers know the team better than anyone.
TSN would be my 2nd favorite, and CBC isn't too bad. American networks are usually terrible, but I do notice that the Anaheim crew is pretty good.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#37 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

Better than nbc?

Posted Image

#38 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,025 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

No no no,

Hold a grudge all you want, SportsNet isn't licensed as a national broadcaster. They are licensed as a regional broadcaster. This is a direct benefit to the Canucks as national broadcast revenue goes to the NHL to be shared, while regional broadcast revenue goes directly to the team.

Out of market fans do have options to watch regional broadcasts.
Posted Image

#39 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,025 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Is it just me or is it whenever we have a TSN game, we miss footage of the game?

Now we are missing the game?

On the flip side, Sami Salo made his bullet slapshot to tie the Lightning game......man I miss Sami in a Canucks uniform.

Are you more entitled than the rest of Canada? I thought it was Toronto that was supposed to be the center of the universe. The end of a game that has run long will always get priority over a game just starting. This is nothing new and CBC does exactly the same thing. Had they switched at 7pm what about all those hockey fans across Canada that had spent 3 hours watching the first game? Would you be pissed if they switched at 7pm and the Canucks were the early game that had run late and was in OT? You can't have it both ways. Unless of course Vancouver has become the center of the universe.
Posted Image

#40 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

who cares? can you not live 5 minutes without the canucks game? you think the world should stop for you?
if you are so hard-done-by it...

1. TSN2
2. Team1040
3. TSN2
4. Team1040
5. TSN2
6. Team1040

..starting to see a pattern?

edit: i have tsn2 and stayed on the Lightning/Canadians game...it was exiting watching TB comeback to force OT/SO...and woo salo!

Edited by canucks.bradley, 13 February 2013 - 01:29 AM.

Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#41 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Cool down. There's a good game in overtime on now. Why on earth would they cut to the first 2 minutes of a different game.

Also tsn 2

I'd be pissed too if the Canucks, ecspecially Hank scored or assisted to move up on the Canucks scoring list & TSN was still playing the earlier game. Although it was nice to see Salos boomer trickle past the goalie to force OT. That would blow. I was watching the TSN double header and didn't see the heading on the bottom of the screen as well. TSN sucks when it comes to this coverage as it has happened in the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.