The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Security is Partially to Blame for Quiet Crowd!

Danimal

Caller on TEAM 1040 just said he was directly behind them in section 301 and they were standing, waving scarves, and leaning over the railings. He was one of the people who asked the security to ask the Southsiders to move. He claims he couldn't see the ice at all because the Southsiders were holding scarves up the whole time.

Not sure what to make of that...

What a joke! Rogers Arena's atmosphere has sucked for a long time and its becuase of guys like Victor Debonis and Mike Gillis that want to cater to their corportate customers.

If you spend a $100 bucks on a ticket you should be alowed to have a good time and cheer for your team.

During the lockout Victor Debonis was telling everyone that the Canucks give a first class experience. Bull!

Eventually the fans will stop coming and it will be on them.

I was at the game tonight and i know its Been beaten with a dead horse but i just want to re-iterate how quiet and un-intimidating Rogers arena is! I had a friend from the EAST text me tonight who was watching the game on TSN and he asked if the weather has everyone feeling gloom and doom..

Im a season ticket holder and i lose my voice almost every other day for the Canucks when they are at home but I'll be the 1st to admitt that Rogers Arena is a morgue! Unless a goal is scored or "make some noise" is flashed up on the big screen the arena is dead silent!!!!!! WOW places like the Bell Centre in Montreal or MTS Centre in the Peg puts Vancouver to shame!!!!!

lol and the southsiders getting thrown out ! ahah what a joke!!!

Soooo many fair weathered yet over opinionated fans we have especially for a city that has won nothing!!!

I think if you're bringing a kid to a game, you should be comfortable exposing them to F bombs and basic drunken behavior. Its being naive to think otherwise, and although I don't condone sheer obnoxiousness, being drunk really does make the arena louder.

Why do you guys think the crowd is louder on Fridays and Saturdays? because people can drink without being hungover for work the next day.

Generally speaking, there is definitely an elitist attitude in the arena, people feel like they're too good to be loud.

I agree. I get loud, and sometimes heated during Canucks games, but I'm not spilling my beer everywhere and dropping F bombs every second sentence. Nobody wants to be around that. It's just awkward. I had these two kids behind me that were sh*t faced and they were pretty much calling a play by play of the entire game. It was so damn annoying. Eventually they drank too much and finally shut the hell up.

Archived