Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rogers Arena Security is Partially to Blame for Quiet Crowd!

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#31 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Loud and Rowdy > Quiet and polite.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#32 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

I was at the game tonight and i know its Been beaten with a dead horse but i just want to re-iterate how quiet and un-intimidating Rogers arena is! I had a friend from the EAST text me tonight who was watching the game on TSN and he asked if the weather has everyone feeling gloom and doom..

Im a season ticket holder and i lose my voice almost every other day for the Canucks when they are at home but I'll be the 1st to admitt that Rogers Arena is a morgue! Unless a goal is scored or "make some noise" is flashed up on the big screen the arena is dead silent!!!!!! WOW places like the Bell Centre in Montreal or MTS Centre in the Peg puts Vancouver to shame!!!!!

lol and the southsiders getting thrown out ! ahah what a joke!!!

Soooo many fair weathered yet over opinionated fans we have especially for a city that has won nothing!!!

Edited by carlweezer, 12 February 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#33 CanucksAtmosphere

CanucksAtmosphere

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Big difference from being a douchey, jerkoff as opposed to being loud and supporting the team.

I agree. I get loud, and sometimes heated during Canucks games, but I'm not spilling my beer everywhere and dropping F bombs every second sentence. Nobody wants to be around that. It's just awkward. I had these two kids behind me that were sh*t faced and they were pretty much calling a play by play of the entire game. It was so damn annoying. Eventually they drank too much and finally shut the hell up.

While your comments make sense in that particular situation, I don't understand why this story is being mentioned regarding what happened to the Southsiders tonight. From what I've heard, there's no indication that they were getting sh*t faced, dropping F bombs, or spilling their beer everywhere - and frankly, having been to many Whitecaps games in the past, that has never been a characteristic of the Southsiders.

#34 Mr X

Mr X

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I think if you're bringing a kid to a game, you should be comfortable exposing them to F bombs and basic drunken behavior. Its being naive to think otherwise, and although I don't condone sheer obnoxiousness, being drunk really does make the arena louder.

Why do you guys think the crowd is louder on Fridays and Saturdays? because people can drink without being hungover for work the next day.

Generally speaking, there is definitely an elitist attitude in the arena, people feel like they're too good to be loud.

#35 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I agree. I get loud, and sometimes heated during Canucks games, but I'm not spilling my beer everywhere and dropping F bombs every second sentence. Nobody wants to be around that. It's just awkward. I had these two kids behind me that were sh*t faced and they were pretty much calling a play by play of the entire game. It was so damn annoying. Eventually they drank too much and finally shut the hell up.

This entirely.

Drunk fans are the enemy of everyone.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#36 JPizzle

JPizzle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

POPULAR

was at the game tonite and enjoyed the SPIRIT the Southsiders brought - good on ya !
our building should be renamed "the Cemetary"

#37 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,106 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

So who's to blame for this? Obviously security is getting pressure from the higher ups, is Aquilini to blame??

Nailed it.

I'm very interested to hear if the organization will respond to this situation publicly or not, and what they will say.

There is much more to this story.

Edited by theminister, 13 February 2013 - 12:23 AM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#38 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

For all that are annoyed with how quiet Rogers Arena is, save the money you would spend on your next couple of Canucks games and just get season tickets for the Whitecaps.
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#39 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

No fun CITY Strikes again!

How about kicking out the people filling the seats to text all game.

#40 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,106 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

No fun CITY Strikes again!

How about kicking out the people filling the seats to text all game.

I think they should revoke the season's tickets of people who continually don't use them.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#41 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

POPULAR

I think if you're bringing a kid to a game, you should be comfortable exposing them to F bombs and basic drunken behavior. Its being naive to think otherwise, and although I don't condone sheer obnoxiousness, being drunk really does make the arena louder.

Why do you guys think the crowd is louder on Fridays and Saturdays? because people can drink without being hungover for work the next day.

Generally speaking, there is definitely an elitist attitude in the arena, people feel like they're too good to be loud.

For my kids to be exposed to multitudinous F-Bombs, and abusive drunken screaming at the players and officials, all we have to do is stay home and watch the game on TV. :emot-parrot: :picard: :bigblush:
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#42 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I want to know who makes the policy because it's probably from higher ups. Its sad but i think the security are just doing as they are told.

We fans should do something to get the attention of the higher ups and let them know that this is pretty ridiculous.

#43 Bleed Blue and Green

Bleed Blue and Green

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I was at the game in their section, albeit not behind them. I for one think that Rogers Arena is way to quiet and I've been to other games this season. Seems like the only time during regular season that we get the crowd going is if we score or the jumbotron tells us to cheer. I thought the Southsiders were a welcome addition and made things great tonight. They were at the very end of the upper bowl behind the net. They were also at the Davis Cup and they were chanting along with a band.

DeeCanucksBlog7_zps935c66c6.jpg

#44 EveILL

EveILL

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

I've been tossed in O.T for using my camera after being told not to. Funny thing is, in all the pictures taken, theres a hundred people or more in each shot who are ALSO taking picture. They were ???? rude about it too. I'm like "my friend is in there and so is my purse".. they said "that must suck". I was infuriated. Havent spent the money to go there since. Living on the island it isnt worth it for such petty little things when I am paying $300 a ticket.

#45 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

The only times I've seen people thrown out were:

1) When some guy was harassing Marc Crawford, who was sitting a couple rows down from him (and about 4 rows down from me)
2) When people fight
3) An extremely drunk guy who decided to light up a cigarette while sitting in the stands

#46 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Save your money and wait until Seattle gets an NHL team, and go there to watch Canucks games, it will be worth it.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#47 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

The only times I've seen people thrown out were:

1) When some guy was harassing Marc Crawford, who was sitting a couple rows down from him (and about 4 rows down from me)
2) When people fight
3) An extremely drunk guy who decided to light up a cigarette while sitting in the stands

what were the fights over, housing prices? somebody get a drink spilled on their iPhone?

the apathy of the crowd in Rogers Arena is just embarrassing... we can't even get a successful "Go Canucks Go" chant going for more than ten seconds before it fizzles out. I know I'm beating a dead horse here... but rarely do I get the opportunity to see the Canucks live, and I just wish I could go to a hockey game and fully enjoy it instead of constantly thinking "I don't want to cheer too loud/stand up or else somebody will complain".

abl8vt.jpg

#48 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

what were the fights over, housing prices? somebody get a drink spilled on their iPhone?

the apathy of the crowd in Rogers Arena is just embarrassing... we can't even get a successful "Go Canucks Go" chant going for more than ten seconds before it fizzles out. I know I'm beating a dead horse here... but rarely do I get the opportunity to see the Canucks live, and I just wish I could go to a hockey game and fully enjoy it instead of constantly thinking "I don't want to cheer too loud/stand up or else somebody will complain".

Unfortunately, I was at Game 6 of the VAN-CHI series in 2010 and got to watch the Canucks get blown out. Lots of fights that night.

#49 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

That's super lame. They were seated all the way up along the perimeter so they weren't in anyone's way. The Southsiders make Whitecaps games what they are. They provide such a fantastic atmosphere.

It's ok for the Green Men to do handstands, but the Southsiders can't stand and cheer!? Pretty dumb.

No, it isn't. I remember they got in trouble for that and were told not to do it anymore.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#50 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

i've sat beside rowdiness... = swearing at players and refs, making sick jokes, yelling and standing up when nothing is going on..

Thats the problem right there, minus the sick jokes. I love the guy sitting up high that tries to be the coach and yells out what to do.

Edited by mpt, 13 February 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#51 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

I think the real problem is real hockey fans aren't able to go to the games; corporations just give them out to staff members, vendors etc and people end up going that can't even name 10 people on the team.

#52 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

I was at the game, and I was across the arena from where the Southsiders were sitting, but saw that they were sitting in the last row up top, not infront of anyone. They occupied about 3 rows or so, and were loud and awesome, was great to see. Them being kicked out for being fans is a joke
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#53 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

Caller on TEAM 1040 just said he was directly behind them in section 301 and they were standing, waving scarves, and leaning over the railings. He was one of the people who asked the security to ask the Southsiders to move. He claims he couldn't see the ice at all because the Southsiders were holding scarves up the whole time.

Not sure what to make of that...

Something doesn't add up.... If the Southsiders were in the last rows... how was this guy behind them?
Posted Image

#54 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

For my kids to be exposed to multitudinous F-Bombs, and abusive drunken screaming at the players and officials, all we have to do is stay home and watch the game on TV. :emot-parrot: :picard: :bigblush:

Speaking of which, I had a good laugh at Lapierre calling someone on the Wild an "F'n Jewish virgin" or somethign like that
Posted Image

#55 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

Something doesn't add up.... If the Southsiders were in the last rows... how was this guy behind them?

If they were in the upper deck in the straight sections and in the same row it could happen. You can't see anything if the guys next to you lean forward. That's why I only buy corner seats if I'm in the upper deck.

#56 Cnuck Orca

Cnuck Orca

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

If it was the JETS at the MTS Centre, it would be erupting and you wouldn't be able to hear anymore because everyone is cheering so loud

#57 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

I've only been to like a half a dozen games, but at every single one someone in my group has been told to keep it down by security. Not because anyone complained or anything, just cause they were wandering by. But where were they when an Oilers fan dumped a beer on me, nowheres. Not to mention, when you're paying close to $200 a ticket, and some random person hold that power over you to kick you out and ruin your night, it tends to put a damper on things.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#58 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

You just can't win as the crowd at the Rog!!! People complain its too quiet because of all the suits taking up the lower bowl and when there is an actual noise from the upper level you get kicked by security. I am glad to watch on my 50 inch at home.

#59 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Lol OP tried to make this about security but threw in Southsiders in the actual post...what is this group trying to prove...trying to bring the soccer fan mentality to our arena...? No one gets booted for nothing or we would have the crappiest arena in the game~! SouthSiders have a section in our arena really? Let alone we have a gang hahaa whatta joke.

#60 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

That's the trade off. You either have a nice safe calm family atmosphere which is quiet and boring. Or you have annoying obnoxiousness but a louder more exciting atmosphere.

Families can't afford to go anyways! 4 tickets is anywhere from 600-800 dollars!
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.