The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Security is Partially to Blame for Quiet Crowd!

Danimal

I think if you're bringing a kid to a game, you should be comfortable exposing them to F bombs and basic drunken behavior. Its being naive to think otherwise, and although I don't condone sheer obnoxiousness, being drunk really does make the arena louder.

Why do you guys think the crowd is louder on Fridays and Saturdays? because people can drink without being hungover for work the next day.

Generally speaking, there is definitely an elitist attitude in the arena, people feel like they're too good to be loud.

I want to know who makes the policy because it's probably from higher ups. Its sad but i think the security are just doing as they are told.

We fans should do something to get the attention of the higher ups and let them know that this is pretty ridiculous.

I was at the game in their section, albeit not behind them. I for one think that Rogers Arena is way to quiet and I've been to other games this season. Seems like the only time during regular season that we get the crowd going is if we score or the jumbotron tells us to cheer. I thought the Southsiders were a welcome addition and made things great tonight. They were at the very end of the upper bowl behind the net. They were also at the Davis Cup and they were chanting along with a band.

I've been tossed in O.T for using my camera after being told not to. Funny thing is, in all the pictures taken, theres a hundred people or more in each shot who are ALSO taking picture. They were ???? rude about it too. I'm like "my friend is in there and so is my purse".. they said "that must suck". I was infuriated. Havent spent the money to go there since. Living on the island it isnt worth it for such petty little things when I am paying $300 a ticket.

The only times I've seen people thrown out were:

1) When some guy was harassing Marc Crawford, who was sitting a couple rows down from him (and about 4 rows down from me)

2) When people fight

3) An extremely drunk guy who decided to light up a cigarette while sitting in the stands

what were the fights over, housing prices? somebody get a drink spilled on their iPhone?

the apathy of the crowd in Rogers Arena is just embarrassing... we can't even get a successful "Go Canucks Go" chant going for more than ten seconds before it fizzles out. I know I'm beating a dead horse here... but rarely do I get the opportunity to see the Canucks live, and I just wish I could go to a hockey game and fully enjoy it instead of constantly thinking "I don't want to cheer too loud/stand up or else somebody will complain".

That's super lame. They were seated all the way up along the perimeter so they weren't in anyone's way. The Southsiders make Whitecaps games what they are. They provide such a fantastic atmosphere.

It's ok for the Green Men to do handstands, but the Southsiders can't stand and cheer!? Pretty dumb.

what were the fights over, housing prices? somebody get a drink spilled on their iPhone?

the apathy of the crowd in Rogers Arena is just embarrassing... we can't even get a successful "Go Canucks Go" chant going for more than ten seconds before it fizzles out. I know I'm beating a dead horse here... but rarely do I get the opportunity to see the Canucks live, and I just wish I could go to a hockey game and fully enjoy it instead of constantly thinking "I don't want to cheer too loud/stand up or else somebody will complain".

I was at the game, and I was across the arena from where the Southsiders were sitting, but saw that they were sitting in the last row up top, not infront of anyone. They occupied about 3 rows or so, and were loud and awesome, was great to see. Them being kicked out for being fans is a joke

Caller on TEAM 1040 just said he was directly behind them in section 301 and they were standing, waving scarves, and leaning over the railings. He was one of the people who asked the security to ask the Southsiders to move. He claims he couldn't see the ice at all because the Southsiders were holding scarves up the whole time.

Not sure what to make of that...

I've only been to like a half a dozen games, but at every single one someone in my group has been told to keep it down by security. Not because anyone complained or anything, just cause they were wandering by. But where were they when an Oilers fan dumped a beer on me, nowheres. Not to mention, when you're paying close to $200 a ticket, and some random person hold that power over you to kick you out and ruin your night, it tends to put a damper on things.

Lol OP tried to make this about security but threw in Southsiders in the actual post...what is this group trying to prove...trying to bring the soccer fan mentality to our arena...? No one gets booted for nothing or we would have the crappiest arena in the game~! SouthSiders have a section in our arena really? Let alone we have a gang hahaa whatta joke.

Archived