Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rogers Arena Security is Partially to Blame for Quiet Crowd!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
132 replies to this topic

#121 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

- show up early
- leave after the game is over
- sing the anthem and take your hat off as requested
- do your best to be in your seat for the start of the period
- be vocally and visually supportive of the team
- maintain sobriety
- do not let tickets go unused
- be respectful of other fans
- be respectful of staff and the arena rules

Agree with most but the leave when the game is over. It's their ticket, they can buy it and stay home if they want or leave before the first period finishes.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#122 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

My point was, trying to tell Canadians how to watch a hockey game is like trying tell an American how to eat a hot dog.

And my point is that you've shown how Canadians can watch a hockey game, but that isn't what is happening currently for the Canucks. If Americans start to eat hot dogs with a fork and knife, does that make it the best way to eat a hot dog simply because they are American?
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#123 freebass

freebass

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I know what a joke!!! One time I even got kicked out for being to quite!!! yup TO QUIET!!!! christ who do they think they are?? I made many consession stops that night and was so quite I was sleeping!!! I must have gave them ATLEAST $100 in beer sales by my self then after that they had the nerve to kick me out for being to quite. Since when did sleeping in your chair disturbe anyone?

Being so drunk you fall asleep is a perfect reason to kick you out.

Sarcasm genius

I never thought this forum would ever be any good but this whole penis thing is pretty awesome.

I said we lost to USA because of ARE GOALTENDING!!! do you know how to read?

#124 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Sarcasm genius

LOL... hard to tell... I've seen that exact thing happen at concerts, more than once.

You may have been being sarcastic but the comments you made could have very easily been made by someone who was serious. People really are that stupid.

Agree with most but the leave when the game is over. It's their ticket, they can buy it and stay home if they want or leave before the first period finishes.

If it's not true that you'd be ok with a fully paid empty stadium then it should not be true of a pair of seats either. It's a matter of principle.

The unused or partially used ticket holders are showing that their principle is "Me before team."

What effect does a thousand people walking out of a game with 5 minutes left have on the players and the rest of the fans? It's not insignificant.

Edited by theminister, 14 February 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#125 marc2001

marc2001

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Its a sad day when i can cheer for the Canucks in Edmontons Rexall Place, But i nearly got kicked out of rogers arena for cheering for Vancouver.... :sadno:

RIP Luc Bourdon

#126 74Hunter74

74Hunter74

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

I am so tired of all the people on here who compalin about everybody that goes to a game and how they act/or don't act. Well put up or shut up, you want to go to a game, but complain they are sold out, well you don't seem to look very hard, TONNES of seats left for Friday. Just do interactive seating, section 327 has lots left, 4 seats left at centre ice grill. And there are lots of games that have single seats and such left. If you are "true fans" like you say you are, then you shouldn't mind sitting by yourself. Stop your complaining about everybody else, go buy some tickets and let see how loud you are at a game.

But I am going to guess that most who complain are 12 years old and just jealous cause mommy and daddy wont buy them tickets

http://www.ticketmas...04&minorcatid=9

Friday vs Dallas, lots of seats left.

#127 freebass

freebass

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

LOL... hard to tell... I've seen that exact thing happen at concerts, more than once.

You may have been being sarcastic but the comments you made could have very easily been made by someone who was serious. People really are that stupid.

If it's not true that you'd be ok with a fully paid empty stadium then it should not be true of a pair of seats either. It's a matter of principle.

The unused or partially used ticket holders are showing that their principle is "Me before team."

What effect does a thousand people walking out of a game with 5 minutes left have on the players and the rest of the fans? It's not insignificant.

Your right, cause I have seen much crazier things on here when people were being serious. :)

I never thought this forum would ever be any good but this whole penis thing is pretty awesome.

#128 freebass

freebass

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I am so tired of all the people on here who compalin about everybody that goes to a game and how they act/or don't act. Well put up or shut up, you want to go to a game, but complain they are sold out, well you don't seem to look very hard, TONNES of seats left for Friday. Just do interactive seating, section 327 has lots left, 4 seats left at centre ice grill. And there are lots of games that have single seats and such left. If you are "true fans" like you say you are, then you shouldn't mind sitting by yourself. Stop your complaining about everybody else, go buy some tickets and let see how loud you are at a game.

But I am going to guess that most who complain are 12 years old and just jealous cause mommy and daddy wont buy them tickets

This!!! are you there to watch the game or judge others?? these people are like the hipsters of hockey.

#129 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I am so tired of all the people on here who compalin about everybody that goes to a game and how they act/or don't act.  Well put up or shut up,  you want to go to a game, but complain they are sold out, well you don't seem to look very hard, TONNES of seats left for Friday.  Just do interactive seating, section 327 has lots left, 4 seats left at centre ice grill.  And there are lots of games that have single seats and such left.  If you are "true fans" like you say you are, then you shouldn't mind sitting by yourself.  Stop your complaining about everybody else,  go buy some tickets and let see how loud you are at a game.

Isn't the whole reason for this thread about people that paid for tickets went to cheer on the team, but then were told to sit down and shut up by security?I think most people's complaints are that people attempt to create atmosphere, but are not allowed to because there are people that do not want that there. People may not be buying tickets because of the cost and the fact that if they want to support the team other than watching with intense silent passion, they will be kicked out.
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#130 Innovative

Innovative

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Rogers Arena is like a library at times. I've been to numerous arenas around the league and they are way louder then ours. Even i've been warned a bunch of times for being too loud. It's ridiculous, the lower bowl crowd is even worse. I once got warned in the club section for acting in an unpleasant manner and asked to quiet down or i'd be ejected. Such a joke. Upper bowl cheap seats are where the true fans are and we even get warned there.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#131 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

Unless youv'e had season tickets since 1988 than, I've probably been to more games than you. So save your pathetic, condescensing opinion. The crowd was louder back in the Coliseum and the crowds are louder in other arena's.

Maybe you should go check out a hockey game in any other city and see what hockey atmosphere should be like before you express your sheltered opinion.

boss at my old job went to a game in Toronto, said it was like being at a funeral

#132 EveILL

EveILL

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

Wonders how many got kicked out for standing and cheering for Henrik tonight. :rolleyes:

#133 Miller32

Miller32

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Canucks Security Fun Police.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.