The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lou is a class act

Johnny Shotgun

Watching the game tonight on TSN they aired a clip that during the warm-up Luongo skated over to the Wild goalie Kuemper playing in his first NHL game and spoke briefly with him. A class act by a player who has handled the situation in Vancouver with equal grace. Another reason he will be missed when the trade comes.

Watching the game tonight on TSN they aired a clip that during the warm-up Luongo skated over to the Wild goalie Kuemper playing in his first NHL game and spoke briefly with him. A class act by a player who has handled the situation in Vancouver with equal grace. Another reason he will be missed when the trade comes.

That was a fantastic gesture and something that Kuemper will likely never forget. Probably just what he needed to shake a few butterflies.

The thing is, goalies understand each other better than anyone else can understand them. I know because I'm a goalie. Sometimes I spend more time talking to fellow tendies than I do talking to my own team mates. There's something really cool about being part of the goalies club.

Way to go Lu..!

Archived