The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lou is a class act

Johnny Shotgun

really, are you kissing up to him because of that.... here is a tibit ... yes the canucks are luckly winning... in case you haven't noticed the wild has had very little shots on goal... not looking good for lu....shneider should of got the start to nite....

That was a fantastic gesture and something that Kuemper will likely never forget. Probably just what he needed to shake a few butterflies.

The thing is, goalies understand each other better than anyone else can understand them. I know because I'm a goalie. Sometimes I spend more time talking to fellow tendies than I do talking to my own team mates. There's something really cool about being part of the goalies club.

Way to go Lu..!

I've always wondered, do you, as a goalie, have any sort of relationship with your defenders? Like is there something different in how you react with fellow defenders and forwards?

Great question and the answer is yes, absolutely.

I am far closer to my defenders both on and even off the ice. We have all worked up a hockey shorthand in terms of our communication, we read off of each other really well, we trust each other, and there is a real sense of pride in a defensive shutdown. There are games where I don't communicate with the forwards at all other than a stick tap if they score. But with the D's there's a constant dialogue of "got it", "screen", "take the back door", "man on", "watch the tail", etc.

Sometimes my Dman (or woman :) ) will have her back towards the play and I'll just say "go hard up your boards" and without looking she'll pass it there to a waiting forward and we'll get out of our own zone. It's pretty cool when someone trusts you like that to the point where they'll do something blindly without double checking what you're telling them to do lol

I am new to this site, so I have to say, I apologise if this post is placed in an inappropriae location. I see a lot of negativity towards our goaltending choices. I for 1 am grateful that the biggest complaint about our boys is the decision between our netminders. We are lucky to have 2 of the best heartbreakers in the league stopping the would be snipers from winning our hard fought title as twice over league champs. We will win, we will not quit, we will show the rest of the world why we are the smartest, quickest, most sportsmanlike, and above all, most hard working, fan loving, community supportive team in the NHL. We are ALL CANUCKS! This is our year! GO CANUCKS GO!!

Archived