The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lou is a class act

Johnny Shotgun

well put. Lou did nothing else but show his respect for the game and his leadership and mentorship by doing this. I for one would have been grateful for the chivalry shown by one of the all time best. He's a class act and an ambassador for our people.

the reason the wild had so few shots is because the Canucks kicked ass. we rocked as a team, finished as a team, and won as a team. Schneider is wicked talented, as is Lou. Why are people finding ways to slander what is obviously the most talented bunch of brothers in the league? Accept it naysayers, Nucks EFFIN ROCK!

I was wondering what he said to him. The thought did cross my mind he was saying things like "You're going down you rookie. Do you really think you can outclass the 2nd best goalie in the league right now? You realize we've won five straight right?" lol

Seriously though - classy move by a classy guy.

That was a fantastic gesture and something that Kuemper will likely never forget. Probably just what he needed to shake a few butterflies.

The thing is, goalies understand each other better than anyone else can understand them. I know because I'm a goalie. Sometimes I spend more time talking to fellow tendies than I do talking to my own team mates. There's something really cool about being part of the goalies club.

Way to go Lu..!

Interesting thought. Theres seems to be a general consensus that people liked Kirk McLean and still do, despite losing in the Cup Finals. Why does Luongo not get the same regard? All things considered, he took a team that needed goaltending and gave them it. Here's hoping he sticks around.

Archived