Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yotes

[proposal] canucks- columbus

17 posts in this topic

Raymond - yes i know hes on a point streak right now, but im thinking playoff time

weise- would rather have someone more physical and aggressive

pick/prospect

for

Foligno-Bit more size for our 3rd line, had almost 50pts with ottawa last year.

dorsett- Hits, fights solid 4th liner

Also, thoughts on maybe trying to get prospal for experienced 3rd line center?

Tried a way to incorperate prospal in this deal but i didnt want to trade higgins, maybe we just make a play for prospal at deadline? but may cost more if we wait till april 3rd?

Raymond and Schroeder are developing some amazing chemistry...I'd rather not break it up yet

Foligno was a huge disapointment and he has never really reached his ceiling. MayRay has been playing great and his speed complements Schroeder's perfectly

A no to this deal

foligno is still only 25.

and i cant see schroeder staying up as our 3rd line center, especially when playoffs come, he is awefully small, especially if you all want him to play with raymond.

I like the kid, but hes not gonna get much ice once booth and kesler are back which sounds like thats within 2 weeks. but who knows maybe they will give this rookie more ice time?

id definitely take a flyer on foligno think the risk is worth taking personally

im just not sold on raymond come playoffs, dont hate the guy, just think when we got booth he became expendable as we should have bit more sandpaper with scoring ability on the 3rd line

i think its too risky to have such a small line in the post season with the bigger bodied teams in the west.

ok then watch raymond win the conn smythe and light the lamp for years to come.... maybe in a dream or nhl 13 not real life

ok then watch raymond win the conn smythe and light the lamp for years to come.... maybe in a dream or nhl 13 not real life

we havent iced a 3rd line that small in the playoffs, and all of a sudden we are going to now? Schroeder is a rookie, I wouldnt want to rely on him in the playoffs when teams put that much more effort into their game.

So yes im fine with trading raymond, you have to give something to get something, and im much more in favour of moving raymond, as if he continues on this pace hes going to be to expensive to retain, so why not trade him as an assett instead of always giving up 2nd and 3rd rounders? Which in this draft could be valuable

I really dont care what anyone thinks of my proposals, I dont make stupid unrealistic ones that seem to come on here 8/10. I like discussing canucks, but im realistic at the same time. Look at how we are playing, can we rely on elite goaies to let in 2 or less goals every game and playoffs? Added depth is needed, grit on 3rd line with offensive upside which is what foligno is and he can play pk and 2nd pp.

our record could easily be different if our goalies werent positing a 95 save percentage except for the 1st game, hope ppl dont overlook that we arent scoring the most goals and the games have been pretty lack luster. I personally hope its not that way on friday as I am coming down for that game

i think its too risky to have such a small line in the post season with the bigger bodied teams in the west.

ya I know gillies went to school with him and his older brother.

I do believe we need grit but players like: Laich and Dubinsky are nice, but we simply cant pay them that much to be our 3rd line center locked in to that term.

We shall see what pans out, but I do think Kassian should be in the top 9, otherwise hes gonna be such a non factor barely playing 4th line minutes. We need to decide what are forward group is going to be long term as we have 2 potential top 6 wingers in kassian and down the road Jensen. Both could play 3rd line but their ceiling is top 6.

from the players we have now: Burrows,Kesler,Booth are all signed for atleast 2015. And we all know the Sedins will come to terms to a new contract for atleast 3 years i presume. So thats 5 out of 6

That currently leaves: Raymond(ufa) Kassian 1 more year till rfa, Jensen, Higgins(ufa), These players are all gonna be in the mix now and in the next year or two to fill that 1 top 6 position. that being said I hope we resign Higgins and he stays on the 3rd line with Hansen, just need to find that good two way center with some grit.

So if we decide to resign raymond and say pay him around 3m, that all but guarantees we have 3m or more in raymond on the 3rd line, or for whatever length of his deal we leave no way for Kassian Jensen to have an opportunity to fill that position.

I realize Jensen could be a year or 2 away but im sure he could make the team next year, maybe play 3rd line depending on what the team does.

This also doesnt include when we trade a goalie whatever the return is it may be a forward or prospect/high pick that could contend for that position aswell.

I like raymond, his game just doesnt suit our overall needs, and his value wont get any higher, so I think he is a trade candidate to bring in that 3rd line center. Hey maybe Buffalo doesnt like how Ott has panned out and they do a swap if we add a prospect, who knows??

ya I know gillies went to school with him and his older brother.

I do believe we need grit but players like: Laich and Dubinsky are nice, but we simply cant pay them that much to be our 3rd line center locked in to that term.

Meh.

Maybe Raymond for Brassard.

Other than that no, and I'm not really interested in this either, Raymond looks like a different player and is playing great.

he looks different now, but his play wont be beneficial come playoffs, and thats my main point. use him as an asset to acquire a 3rd line center, instead of givving away draft picks