The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHO is the best team in the NHL?

Bertorama

The question was 'as of now' I believe. IMO the Bruins are on top right now. Well balanced team. Out west the Hawks have more points but I think they benefited more from a quick start. I rank Van over the Hawks because of goaltending and Van's more balanced d-core. Hawks forwards outshine Van but I suspect that changes when Kesler and Booth return. SJ and the Blues have faded somewhat but that could change with a 2nd wind, especially for St. Louis. I don't believe in the Ducks.

So a lot has happened. !

The Canucks were badly out played and were flat footed on defence in Chi town but still made a game of it only giving maybe 65 percent of what they are capable of?

I still truly believe the Canucks despite standings are the best team overall and by the end of the season will be president trophy contenders.

What are your thoughts?

I dont really follow the East,but in the West I would say that there are six teams with an equal legitimate chance to win the Western Conference.They are the Ducks,Blues,Kings,Hawks,Sharks and Canucks.Flip a coin.

Chicago is the sexy choice right now because they are undefeated,but I'm still not convinced that the goaltending duo of Crawford and Emery is all its cracked up to be..they'll cool off. The Ducks,Kings and Blues are big defensive bruising teams built for a long run in the playoffs.Definitely more fun to watch,the Sharks,Hawks and Canucks

Archived