The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHO is the best team in the NHL?

Bertorama

Easily the Blackhawks. Not one regulation loss. They have great defense and frightful offense. The only question mark is Crawford. But in a shortened season, he may be able to carry this momentum throughout the playoffs. Scary, scary team.

As for the east, Boston. Any team that has Zdeno Chara already has the edge.

Well, I'll go with LA until they can't defend their championship. After that CHI, BOS, VAN, PIT, NYR.

If TBL defence and goal tending gets their act together, they certainly have the offensive fire power. However, in reality they are only one testicular injury away from missing the play-offs.

Well, I'll go with LA until they can't defend their championship. After that CHI, BOS, VAN, PIT, NYR.

If TBL defence and goal tending gets their act together, they certainly have the offensive fire power. However, in reality they are only one testicular injury away from missing the play-offs.

I don't want to sound like a homer, but it's hard to not to say it's the Canucks. Take away the Anaheim mess on opening night, and this team has allowed 18 goals in 11 games. Oh yeah, and we're still missing our Selke-winning center.

They've really taken advantage of a relatively slow period in their schedule. March will be a hell of a test. 16 games in 29 days. But doesn't that wonderfully favour our goaltending 'problem'?

In the East, I think Pittsburgh. When you have Crosby-Malkin-Sutter as your three centers, you got a good chance at winning any game. Kris Letang is arguably one of the top defenceman in the league and drives their offence from the blueline. Fleury is one of the top goalies in the league and if he gets into his 2009 Stanley Cup winning form, watch out! Also really like their depth from top to bottom.

In the West, I the Blackhawks are clearly the best team. They don't have one regulation loss and seem to have everything going. Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Stalberg, and Saad up front! Seabrook, Keith, and Leddy on the back end! Wow could be very dangerous come playoff time. Crawford has been getting the job done so far this season, but that is really their only question mark.

I think us or the Sharks in the West. Not sure about the East.

I don't see the Blackhawks giving us close to as much trouble as before especially when Kesler and Booth return.

We beat them without those 2.

They barely have any tough guys on their team anymore and Keith looks scared crapless whenever he's on the ice against us now.

and I hope Kassian hasn't forgotten what Keith said to him last year.

If they had kept Whitney and had a preseason to drill their system I think the best team right now would be the Phoenix Coyotes.

Its really amazing how night in and out they find a way to win despite being strapped for money, plagued with off ice drama, and have no star caliber players on their roster.

I'd say Vancouver is behind at least the following teams:

Pittsburgh

New Jersey

NYR

Boston

Chicago

Anaheim

All of those teams have better depth and play in actual competitive divisions. The Canucks play against border line AHL teams for most the season. I'm exaggerating, but it has been the easiest division in hockey for the last 3 or 4 years, the Canucks feast on it and look like a much better team than they are because of it.

I'd say Vancouver is behind at least the following teams:

Pittsburgh

New Jersey

NYR

Boston

Chicago

Anaheim

All of those teams have better depth and play in actual competitive divisions. The Canucks play against border line AHL teams for most the season. I'm exaggerating, but it has been the easiest division in hockey for the last 3 or 4 years, the Canucks feast on it and look like a much better team than they are because of it.

On paper, New York Rangers. Right now, Chicago Blackhawks. Who I expect to do the best, Boston Bruins.

Really? You think this team is better than 2011? The only area I'd say we've improved in is goaltending, because I feel Luongo is playing more naturally and better so far, and Schneider's obviously made vast strides since he was a rookie.

Archived