The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Next game against the Stars, the Canucks should go right back to Schneider. I have a feeling they only interrupted Schneider's 2 game streak of good play and put Luongo in tonight because of his amazing numbers against the Wild at home. They should have the same mindset with Schneider, who happens to have a career 4-1-0 record, 1.41 GAA and .960 Save% against the Dallas Stars.

One other thing I wanted to talk about:

One player who is criminally underrated and under appreciated, not just in Vancouver but league wide, is Kevin Bieksa. Sure, every now and then we see Casual Kev and his lazy, sloppy play but nobody ever talks about how much he contributes to the offense. He's a legitimate 40 point defenseman, scoring wise, but he's also a fantastic skater who constantly skates effortlessly into the zone with the puck and creates chances. Look at how he scored his goal tonight: right in front of the net. Add in the toughness element and he's a very special kind of defenseman, which is why he's getting paid the money he is.

I feel like his bad games every so often only get talked about, yet nobody talks about the good side of Kevin Bieksa, which is actually the side we see most of the time. Nobody talks about the unique skillset he brings to the table. Is it only me that sees this rare kind of player who has some snarl, skates well, and creates offensive chances consistently?

Good game, boring game.

I hate seeing those turds take cheap shots on the Sedins. Luongo and defense continue to be strong. Kass with a great pass tonight, and the Raymond-Schredder- Hansen line looked strong.

But I have a beef to pick w/ Ebbett on the PK. He's the worst PKer per icetime (forwards) on the Canucks - literally. Check Behind the Net. I don't get why he's used. I'd rather see Hank out there, or Higgins taking the draw - 'anyone' but Ebbett.

Sure hope Manny and his family are OK.

Good game, boring game.

I hate seeing those turds take cheap shots on the Sedins. Luongo and defense continue to be strong. Kass with a great pass tonight, and the Raymond-Schredder- Hansen line looked strong.

But I have a beef to pick w/ Ebbett on the PK. He's the worst PKer per icetime (forwards) on the Canucks - literally. Check Behind the Net. I don't get why he's used. I'd rather see Hank out there, or Higgins taking the draw - 'anyone' but Ebbett.

Sure hope Manny and his family are OK.

Amazing how Av keeps playing the same in the third. His playbook ended years ago.

I'm soo sick of dump and change momentum killing quick shifts to protect alead.

How many more years of this? Why can't this team be aloud to show its talent under AV?

Seriously they need a coach. AV only still around due to the fact Sneids has been pushing LU for the last three years inflating AVs win %. Wake up MG there's no creativity under AV its same old thing. Every team knows AV's System

Amazing how Av keeps playing the same in the third. His playbook ended years ago.

I'm soo sick of dump and change momentum killing quick shifts to protect alead.

How many more years of this? Why can't this team be aloud to show its talent under AV?

Seriously they need a coach. AV only still around due to the fact Sneids has been pushing LU for the last three years inflating AVs win %. Wake up MG there's no creativity under AV its same old thing. Every team knows AV's System

Archived