70 replies to this topic

#1 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

does jordan schroeder stay or go once kesler is back?????

Kesler we all know what he brings to the team.....

question is

Jordan Schroeder how will he play with a more physical environment (playoffs) if we decide to keep him

I feel Jordan Schroeder is something the canucks have been missing for a long time a GAME CHANGER

even though hes unproven in the nhl level

I feel dis guy has amazing skill.....if you watch him closely he makes plays out of nothing.......other then the sedins on this team theres no other player that does that....

I say kesler goes on the line with higgins and kassian keep this speed line together raymond js hansen.......

or take off hansen pop in kesler either way lets not send Jordan Schroeder down when he is what our team needs speed and skill !!!
will be interesting to see what our GENIUS coach<--- (\sarcasm) does with jordan

#2 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Schroeder has developed good chemistry with Raymond so I'd like him to stay.

However, I understand that he is the only player who doesn't need to go through waivers if sent down to the minors....thus, there is a high chance that Schroeder is the one that will be sent down

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#3 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,116 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

question is

Jordan Schroeder how will he play with a more physical environment (playoffs) if we decide to keep him

I feel Jordan Schroeder is something the canucks have been missing for a long time a GAME CHANGER

I feel dis guy has amazing skill.....if you watch him closely he makes plays out of nothing.......other then the sedins on this team theres no other player that does that....

I say kesler goes on the line with higgins and kassian keep this speed line together raymond js hansen.......

or take off hansen pop in kesler either way lets not send Jordan Schroeder down when he is what our team needs speed and skill !!!
will be interesting to see what our GENIUS coach<--- (\sarcasm) does with jordan

I can't see Schroeder going down when he is playing great.

He'll either be the playmaker for Kesler and Booth playing on the right side or playing on a line with Raymond and Hansen. (That line looked amazing tonight)

307mg00.jpg

#4 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

depends on how this malholtra situation pans out

who knows whats up with him
Posted Image

#5 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Schroeder has developed good chemistry with Raymond so I'd like him to stay.

However, I understand that he is the only player who doesn't need to go through waivers if sent down to the minors....thus, there is a high chance that Schroeder is the one that will be sent down

THis is my thought as well, I think Manny will sit out once Kes gets back and Schroeder will stay in. He's looked awesome with MayRay and HoneyBadger

#6 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

I highly disagree that Schroeder is a game changer, far from it, but he has had an impresive start. Hopefully he can stay up with the team, send Ebbett down and scratch one of Weise/Volpatti.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

POPULAR

...Did yete just make a good thread?

#8 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

I think he/she was hacked. Mods, investigate.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#9 Gz

Gz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

It'd be nice if he could stay as the third line center. 2A and 2B?

totally agree although i wouldnt have minded jvr in a 3 way.

Context, people, context.

#10 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

i love schroeders play an all, but i think he will be more effective next season if he gets sent down. Its for the best, and frack ebbett he is scratch material

#11 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Mind = blown.
Hell = frozen over
Pigs= flying pigs

61c1f524-b05e-4da1-b54d-e7ac1d87c904.jpg

#12 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Very unselfish player with good talent, and he can play D too! Great to see the kid doing well.

G4fSut.gif

#13 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

I haven't really been that high on Schoeder because of his size but he is starting to make me a believer. Whether he can handle the rough going in the playoffs remains to be seen.
When Kesler and Booth return we have cap problems as well as a glut of players. Everyone can't have a spot right now so Schroeder would be the logical player to send to the Wolves.....at least until a trade changes the landscape.

#14 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

8-1-1 with schroeder in the line up

Hope he stays

Posted Image

#15 Brendan Gaunce

Brendan Gaunce

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hansen can make plays out of nothing. You see him tonight?

Posted Image

#16 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

A thread from yete that is positive no way

Edited by canuck_trevor16, 12 February 2013 - 11:30 PM.

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#17 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Reunite the Amex line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

Done.

Posted Image

#18 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

I disagree with the amex line. I'd prefer to see what Kass can do with Kesler and Booth before doing that. I'd move Higgins to the fourth line. We have a lot of options right now; we'll see.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#19 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I think with him in the line up, not only does it give our prospects hope to crack the line but our veterans some motivation.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Burr's bandwagon

Burr's bandwagon

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

I haven't really been that high on Schoeder because of his size but he is starting to make me a believer. Whether he can handle the rough going in the playoffs remains to be seen.
When Kesler and Booth return we have cap problems as well as a glut of players. Everyone can't have a spot right now so Schroeder would be the logical player to send to the Wolves.....at least until a trade changes the landscape.

Not to mention that Schroeder hasn't had a single goal against in even strength all year with vancouver. Everyone underestimates his two way play because of his size. He's the perfect 3rd line centre behind Kesler and Hank.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hanson
Volpatti-LaPierre-Higgins

Boom.
webkit-fake-url://E0525C6D-59C8-4266-8890-6962F34EFBA6/application.pdf
-The Future

#21 mancaesar

mancaesar

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

I really hope AV keeps the Schroeder/Hansen/Raymond line together. Although a very small sized line, they play great defensively and and dangerous offensively. I don't think their size will be much of a factor with all that speed they have. If Manny is not traded, I can see some roster issues in the near future. Gillis isn't going to want to lose Weise and/or Volpatti on waivers, so I could see Schroeder being sent down regardless of his play. So much for lack of forward depth. This team is deeper than ever. Even Ebbett had some nice shifts tonight.

John Paul II made a saint. John Garrett next?

#22 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,537 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Reunite the Amex line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

Done.

Softest line in the league.

Sure they may be effective now, but when the whistles get put away come May, they would get destroyed.

Edited by Rypien37, 13 February 2013 - 12:22 AM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#23 Burr's bandwagon

Burr's bandwagon

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Softest line in the league.

Sure they may be effective now, but when the whistles get put away come May, they would get destroyed.

I Disagree. They are one of (if not) the fastest and most skilled checking line in the NHL. Just because they don't have goons, doesn't make them soft.
webkit-fake-url://E0525C6D-59C8-4266-8890-6962F34EFBA6/application.pdf
-The Future

#24 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

POPULAR

I would like to keep Schroeder and Raymond together, but Raymond is almost this team's highest scorer. 8 points in 12 games, 4 goals, he's technically outscoring Henrik Sedin and in less minutes. He deserves top-6 minutes, but will probably end up with 15/16 a game with PP and PK time.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Lapierre - Malhotra
Weise
Volpatti

Great depth, good centers throughout.
The Sedins need Kassian in the playoffs, he's the only Canuck any opponent is scared off. Burrows doesn't defend the twins as well as big Kassian does, and to be brutally honest Kassian is showing far more skill than Burrows this season. He's scored more goals with the twins in less ice time than Burrows has this year.
Kesler and Burrows have proven chemistry, and those 3 players play very similarly. Booth isn't great defensively, Burrows is which will let Kes and Booth play much more up-tempo offence.
Our 3rd line is our 2nd line right now and they all have amazing chemistry. Right now they're our best line, so to have them as our 3rd unit speaks volumes of this team's depth. Potentially the fastest line in hockey.
Higgins and Lapierre have proven chemistry, both ex-Habs, and Malhotra is their safety net defensively.
Posted Image

#25 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Ebbett would go down, would he not?
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#26 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Volpatti/Weise-Lapierre-Manny

Waive Ebbet.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#27 kirk mcleans baby

kirk mcleans baby

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Volpatti/Weise-Lapierre-Manny

Waive Ebbet.

Just wondering why Booth isn't in your line-up? If Kesler is back, surely Booth would have to be back as well!?!

Also I can't believe Yete made a positive thread, AND in that same thread I have to agree 100% with what DownUndaCanuck has to say!!!! :shock: :frantic: :frantic: This is CRAZY...........

#28 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

I hope he stays

Posted Image

#29 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

question is

For my money, Schroeder has shown that he belongs in the NHL...he plays well in all three zones of the ice; wins more than his share of puck battles; shown excellent defensive awareness; excellent chemistry with Mase and is starting to show the same with Hansen; getting better on the draw; NHL-calibre wheels/balance/shiftiness/acceleration; and with more confidence, I see his offensive production ramping up. So I don't see him going anywhere but to Yaletown to find a permanent residence.

As far as questions about his durability and toughness, I don't think this should be a big issue...the kid is built like a brick sh!thouse -- 5'8" 175 lbs. is solid with low center of gravity. Guys like this are hard to knock off the puck. I am 5'7 175 lbs. and I'm round (round is still a shape)...Schroeder is a pro athlete with nearly same vital stats, so I'm presuming he's running <5% body fat and most of the weight is muscle...I'm sure he'll be able to hold his own. I bet he out benches/squats most of the guys on the roster.

#30 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Just wondering why Booth isn't in your line-up? If Kesler is back, surely Booth would have to be back as well!?!

Also I can't believe Yete made a positive thread, AND in that same thread I have to agree 100% with what DownUndaCanuck has to say!!!! :shock: :frantic: :frantic: This is CRAZY...........

I'm assuming Kesler is back before Booth for the purpose of this thread.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.