The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan schroeder

yete

I really hope AV keeps the Schroeder/Hansen/Raymond line together. Although a very small sized line, they play great defensively and and dangerous offensively. I don't think their size will be much of a factor with all that speed they have. If Manny is not traded, I can see some roster issues in the near future. Gillis isn't going to want to lose Weise and/or Volpatti on waivers, so I could see Schroeder being sent down regardless of his play. So much for lack of forward depth. This team is deeper than ever. Even Ebbett had some nice shifts tonight.

I would like to keep Schroeder and Raymond together, but Raymond is almost this team's highest scorer. 8 points in 12 games, 4 goals, he's technically outscoring Henrik Sedin and in less minutes. He deserves top-6 minutes, but will probably end up with 15/16 a game with PP and PK time.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Malhotra

Weise

Volpatti

Great depth, good centers throughout.

The Sedins need Kassian in the playoffs, he's the only Canuck any opponent is scared off. Burrows doesn't defend the twins as well as big Kassian does, and to be brutally honest Kassian is showing far more skill than Burrows this season. He's scored more goals with the twins in less ice time than Burrows has this year.

Kesler and Burrows have proven chemistry, and those 3 players play very similarly. Booth isn't great defensively, Burrows is which will let Kes and Booth play much more up-tempo offence.

Our 3rd line is our 2nd line right now and they all have amazing chemistry. Right now they're our best line, so to have them as our 3rd unit speaks volumes of this team's depth. Potentially the fastest line in hockey.

Higgins and Lapierre have proven chemistry, both ex-Habs, and Malhotra is their safety net defensively.

does jordan schroeder stay or go once kesler is back?????

Kesler we all know what he brings to the team.....

question is

Jordan Schroeder how will he play with a more physical environment (playoffs) if we decide to keep him

I feel Jordan Schroeder is something the canucks have been missing for a long time a GAME CHANGER

even though hes unproven in the nhl level

I feel dis guy has amazing skill.....if you watch him closely he makes plays out of nothing.......other then the sedins on this team theres no other player that does that....

I say kesler goes on the line with higgins and kassian keep this speed line together raymond js hansen.......

or take off hansen pop in kesler either way lets not send Jordan Schroeder down when he is what our team needs speed and skill !!!

will be interesting to see what our GENIUS coach<--- (\sarcasm) does with jordan

I am more of a long term outlooker, and I see sending Schroeder down after both Kesler and Boothe are back is a great idea. He is small still and some more time down in the AHL will allow him to focus on putting on some pounds in muscle. As he is closer to age as some of our younger prospects, he will contribute to their development for a few more months.

That said, I do think it would be nice to get bigger and younger and Schroeder is only half of that equation. The most important role Schroeder could play is as a trade piece.

The canucks hit the jackpot here.

Jordan was ranked the fifth in North American players in his draft year, and was the highest ranked USA player in that year. Yet for whatever ridiculous reason, he and Moore (ranked 6th) slipped to the 20th-ish spot.

His only potential weakness is his size, and it doesn't seem to have any effect on him since he's so solidly built.

It's like picking up a top 10 prospect with you 22th pick.... It's highway robbery.

Speaking of the 2009 draft... Wtf were the gms smoking back the ... So many highly rated prospects were slipped down to the mid-late spot...

I am more of a long term outlooker, and I see sending Schroeder down after both Kesler and Boothe are back is a great idea. He is small still and some more time down in the AHL will allow him to focus on putting on some pounds in muscle. As he is closer to age as some of our younger prospects, he will contribute to their development for a few more months.

That said, I do think it would be nice to get bigger and younger and Schroeder is only half of that equation. The most important role Schroeder could play is as a trade piece.

does jordan schroeder stay or go once kesler is back?????

Kesler we all know what he brings to the team.....

question is

Jordan Schroeder how will he play with a more physical environment (playoffs) if we decide to keep him

I feel Jordan Schroeder is something the canucks have been missing for a long time a GAME CHANGER

even though hes unproven in the nhl level

I feel dis guy has amazing skill.....if you watch him closely he makes plays out of nothing.......other then the sedins on this team theres no other player that does that....

I say kesler goes on the line with higgins and kassian keep this speed line together raymond js hansen.......

or take off hansen pop in kesler either way lets not send Jordan Schroeder down when he is what our team needs speed and skill !!!

will be interesting to see what our GENIUS coach<--- (\sarcasm) does with jordan

Since he is having trouble with face offs, could always move him to wing.

Booth - Kesler - Schroeder.

But I just don't see a guy in his 1st year in the league being in the top 6 of a cup contending team. He also doesn't fit in the bottom 6 with his style of play and small stature.

Since he is having trouble with face offs, could always move him to wing.

Booth - Kesler - Schroeder.

But I just don't see a guy in his 1st year in the league being in the top 6 of a cup contending team. He also doesn't fit in the bottom 6 with his style of play and small stature.

Archived