The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan schroeder

yete

Not to mention that Schroeder hasn't had a single goal against in even strength all year with vancouver. Everyone underestimates his two way play because of his size. He's the perfect 3rd line centre behind Kesler and Hank.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond-Schroeder-Hanson

Volpatti-LaPierre-Higgins

Boom.

There's absolutely no way Schroeder gets sent down the way he's playing. If we have to send Ebbett down, so be it. He is nearly as small as Schroeder, less physical, and clearly behind him on the depth chart, not to mention that he'd probably clear waivers anyway. We're not using Alberts or Barker either, and can call up Vandermeer if we lose one of the first two. With so many teams having to shed salary to make next year's cap, there is less risk than normal in putting players on waivers to send them down. If we lose Alberts, we were always going to lose him on July 1 anyway.

The bottom line is that Schroeder is thriving at the NHL level except in the face-off circle (so far). He is developing better by playing with better players than he would by going down to Chicago again. We are clearly going to need as many skilled, NHL-ready players on entry-level contracts as we can get for next year, when our depth is going to take a big hit for cap-related reasons. He stays up this year, and a good thing too.

Booth won't be back before Kes, so I suggest we go with this until he gets back:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Weise

After Booth gets back:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Malhotra

Just hope having a fully healthy team doesn't mess with the chemistry we've gained lately! ^_^

Sedins, Burr

Booth, Kesler, Kassian

Raymond, Schroeder, Hansen

Higgins, Lapierre, Wiese/Volpatti

Wiese/Volpatti, Malhotra

Waive Ebbett, don't care if he clears or not

Fastest line in the league is our 3rd line

and probably the best 4th line in the league right there.

For the first few weeks of Booth and Kes regaining their legs, they would probably be the 3rd line.

Kassian should get a bit of time with the Sedins, maybe if the opposition is getting too rowdy, and if Burr-Kes is needed for some checking duty.

We have so many forwards, theres got to be something brewing for when everyone's healthy.

I've always supported the Kassian trade but i think AV and Gillis realized what they lost in Hodgson, i dont see Schroeder going anywhere..

So we have:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Volpatti Malhotra Weise

Schroeder/Raymond/Ebbett

OR

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Burrows

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Higgins Malhotra Lapierre

Volpatti/Weise/Ebbett

OR

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Schroeder

Higgins Lapierre Raymond

Hansen Malhotra Kassian

Volpatti/Weise/Ebbett

OR

Whatever other combinations you can think of, so much depth, another centre would be nice in case another goes down.

So many wingers, not a bad problem though...

Things are pretty good in Vancouver if this is what we are complaining about.

I really think Schroeder will stick with the team, however to all the people suggesting he gets moved to the wing, I am pretty sure that was experimented with in chicago with very poor results.

On a related note, with JS becoming an RFA after this season even though it is first playing in the NHL, what kind of contract do you think the nucks will offer him?

schroeder has shown he is capable in his own zone,but i am worried about his faceoffs, hopefully he will get the chance to improve and if he isnt up to scratch come trade deadline the canucks will pickup a veteran centre to shoulder the load.

I'm not exactly sure what this is. It's a yete thread, but it's positive - can you troll for positive responses? Oh wait, at the end, the dig on AV is the trolling style that yete is famous for - well, that and never replying in his own threads.

While Schroeder is good and has played well enough to deserve a spot much more than Ebbett (he'll stay as a result, if it was close waivers would likely be the deciding factor), to call Schroeder a GAME CHANGER is way more than premature. He doesn't have the ability to control the zone and make plays like the Sedins do currently, nor should we be comparing him to someone like Vanek or Patrick Kane, who have been lights out this year. He's certainly not up there in ability to take over a game like Ovechkin used to be, or Malkin or Crosby can still.

Schroeder's a good young player with offensive skill who can contribute. He's not going to carry this team to a win, at least not at this point in his career, like Kesler or the Sedins have done numeroous times. He might have games that are outstanding even, but to equate that to being a GAME CHANGER is clearly not realistic.

Besides, people have been talking about Schroeder positively for some time, as well as what the lineups could look like as Kesler and then Booth return.

Archived