The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan schroeder

yete

I haven't really been that high on Schoeder because of his size but he is starting to make me a believer. Whether he can handle the rough going in the playoffs remains to be seen.

When Kesler and Booth return we have cap problems as well as a glut of players. Everyone can't have a spot right now so Schroeder would be the logical player to send to the Wolves.....at least until a trade changes the landscape.

Eventually,you have to stand by your draft picks and let them develop..there's going to be ups and downs with any rookie....JS has already proven that he's ready for the NHL,what's the upside of sending him back to the AHL and bringing him back for the playoffs?

We may lose Ebbett,..but so be it.If we do get deep into the playoffs and injuries occur,I'd rather have a Jordan Schroeder with NHL experience than with minor league.

I feel people are jumping too quickly to praise Schroeder. He has 4 points in 10 games. Over 82 games that's 33 points. Whoopdy doo! This is what a first round pick gets us?

It's way too early to say Schroeder's going to be a bomb or a star. When Kes and Booth get back, send Schroeder back to Chicago (cuz he doesn't have to clear waivers) and let him apply what he learned in The Show then come back next year and compete for a permanent spot on the big club.

I feel people are jumping too quickly to praise Schroeder. He has 4 points in 10 games. Over 82 games that's 33 points. Whoopdy doo! This is what a first round pick gets us?

It's way too early to say Schroeder's going to be a bomb or a star. When Kes and Booth get back, send Schroeder back to Chicago (cuz he doesn't have to clear waivers) and let him apply what he learned in The Show then come back next year and compete for a permanent spot on the big club.

Why would we send him down, he hasn't had a goal scored on him and he makes something happen every time he touches the puck.

His first game shouldn't even count because of how nervous he was, he looks better every game and rarely makes a mistake.

The points will come, he was playing a 3rd line role the first couple games anyways, 33 points isn't bad for a rookie playing the 3rd line who is solid defensively.

I would send him down because he is waiver eligible and because he will play 1st line minutes with the Wolves. The only other waiver exempt player the Canucks have on the roster is Tanev and he isn't going anywhere. If the club truly believe in the likes of Vopatti, Weise, Barker and Alberts, they won't waive them when Kes and Booth return. Why would they want to lose an asset? It's JShray and / or Tanev going down, unless they want to risk losing a depth player.

Archived