The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Highschool Goalie purposely scores on himself then flips off his team [Video]

Armada

Its not like the kid stole a car, or killed someone. What he did was pretty funny and pretty ballsy. He protested something he didn't agree with... good for him. He has to live with the consequences of those actions but really its not a big deal... its high school hockey, he was cool enough to talk to his teamates about it so who cares.

I don't think so. The whole team is working hard in trying to get a win. Every second of every shift, and this jackass grabs the puck and scores on his own net?

Its not like the kid stole a car, or killed someone. What he did was pretty funny and pretty ballsy. He protested something he didn't agree with... good for him. He has to live with the consequences of those actions but really its not a big deal... its high school hockey, he was cool enough to talk to his teamates about it so who cares.

I think you missed the part where he talked to his teamates about it. It was a HS hockey game not the gold medal game of the olympics :rolleyes: . I for one would happily have sacrificed one game in HS to see that happen :lol:

What an odd thing to do, but kind of amusing. I wonder what the coaches side of the story would be. If his teammates were cool with him doing that then chances are a lot of them don't particularly like the coach (or at least, they agree with the goalie over the coach).

Going a bit off topic here regarding his 10 day suspension from school but if the kid got suspended for this then do they get suspended for fighting in highschool hockey as well?

Don't think school and hockey should get involved even if its under the school name. What happens on the ice is different than off.

Archived