Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

How Much Has Value Changed?(On Lou)...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nuxfanabroad

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

I want to get an idea of how much we Canucks fans, consider Lou's value to have risen.

Aware that TO didn't want to trade excess youth, but I believe their recent form may prompt Nonis to make a play. Ideally, we'd like to enhance the current roster, yet also prepare for next yr's cap-plummet. the bonus is addng picks for the future...

So here's an offer:

we receive: Frattin(really like how this kid snipes; next yr also, salary only 1 mill)
-Mark Fraser, big nasty 225 lb 6/7 D-man(paired with Tanev); only 600k salary
-Morgan Reilly
-Ben Scrivens
-2014 2nd rounder

Leafs get: Lou, Ballard & Ebbett

The team drops about 7 mill in Cap(TO can squeeze it in). Adds a sniper, nasty size & great prospect.

Would any of you do this? How would you adjust price?

I think this simultaneousy addresses many needs.

#2 Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

At this point I'm not sure it would be fair to Luongo to trade him to Toronto. We're doing good so we should probably hang onto him until the offseason.

#3 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Definitely Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

They laugh, really hard.

If they've stated they don't want to give up their prospects, and that their goal is to get bigger, why the fruck would they trade the 6'7 defenceman, and one of the best prospects in the league?

not posting anything canucks related until october

#4 smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

I doubt Lou's value has changed one way or the other, but, will decrease as he ages .

#5 Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

I doubt Lou's value has changed one way or the other, but, will decrease as he ages .

I doubt his value has changed dramatically over the past 2 months either... but advancing age is not a driving issue for when this trade happens. We will certainly be making a trade before the start of the next season (whether it ends up being Schneider or Luongo). With the reduced cap we can't have them both.

No trading partner will care that he is 6 months older. They will care about how he performed this season and how many dollars are remaining on his contract.

Edited by Provost, 13 February 2013 - 01:29 PM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.