The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Speed Line

Bananas

The RaymondSchroederHansen (Rush) line. :frantic: (see someone else is onto this too...great minds thing)

Love the speed and fact that they really seem in synch with one another, which should only improve over time.

I see an easing back in of Kes and Booth upon their return and their ice time will likely be fairly limited until they get back into game form.

The only other line that is relatively similar in speed; Boston with Marchand/Bergeron/Seguin.

But Bergeron is bigger, Marchand is feistier and Seguin is better...

Still; this line, when pulled out of your play book for the right match up is a brilliant option. Once they have the puck, they can drive some lines into a tizzy. Its still a solid two way line, albeit could be a problem if taking a D zone draw against say Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski... Especially cuz Schroed's is average at best on the draw. But it can, to an extent, be sheltered if we have two other lines that can be rolled out against big lines.

As with the Twins / Burr (an all 185 lb line); its better to have options to insert a Kassian, or Brouwer when needed...

RUSH > Thats awsome! :towel:

Cue the sound bites every time they hit the ice;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7DFsBcVMDA

Be awsome if Schneider slowly pulled up to a draw wearing Clark Kent glasses to that Tom Sawyer; LOL :lol:

The RaymondSchroederHansen (Rush) line. :frantic: (see someone else is onto this too...great minds thing)

Love the speed and fact that they really seem in synch with one another, which should only improve over time.

I see an easing back in of Kes and Booth upon their return and their ice time will likely be fairly limited until they get back into game form.

Manny isn't on that line... c'mon, get it together!

In response to those that claim a big team will bury this line: who's to say this line wont skate circles around big dumb players? They'll be forced to resort to chasing, which leads to hooking and grabbing, and loss of position. If Raymond and Schroeder can keep up the passing they have displayed, it will only accentuate this aspect. If this line continues to click and develop, they will be a big SLOW team's worst nightmare.

Case in point: Kesler > Nashville.

Very true, and Schroeder is showing some of that shiftyness that is required from smaller players in this league with that great dodge on the attemped hip-check against Edmonton. And they result of that play? The Edmonton player leaves the ice with an injury (can't remember who it was at the moment)

I believe that will be contingent on Raymond, to be honest. Hansen is known to play hard in the play-offs, and Schroeder just seems like that kind of play-off go to guy. Don't know why. o.O Raymond has been an annual playoff flop, however, but I certainly hope that this chemistry can alleviate that label.

We've seen players like Schroeder excel in the playoffs in the past, so I have no doubt in my mind that Schroeder has the tools to mimic this success.

Archived