The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another epic playoff series vs Chicago this year?

AFrame14

Just looking at the NHL standings.. Chicago is having a really good year and are in first. Canucks have also had a great start an are in third. It's pretty likely that both teams will continue to play well and make the playoffs. I can totally see us playing those dirty hawks at some point in this years playoffs.. Last year wasn't the same not playin them so I for one am hoping we get to beat them again in a best of 7. With both teams beingi so dominant a playoff series between the two will be amazing hockey. plus, the canucks are a little bigger now and wont get pushed around as much .Kassian will go beast mode and Keith will get his.. And for those who think its to early to think about he playoffs,,, we hit the 1/4 mark of the season last night.

I would love to see the Hawks get upset by someone in the first round.

How's this for a scenario... Canucks and Hawks finish 1-2 in the conference. The Oilers squeak into the playoffs and knock off the Hawks in the 1st round setting up a 2nd round Canucks - Oilers matchup.

The NHL could really use a Canucks/Hawks playoff series this year to get positive attention. The NHL ratings people would probably salivate at having the Hawks and Canucks in the west, and the Rangers and Bruins in the east. Huge TV markets, and a Canadian team for CBC to hang their hat on.

Archived