The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Picks the 3 stars ?

smurf47

One has to wonder if there is an ulterior motive to the picking of the 3 stars. In last nights game, Hansen was easily the first star. Luongo being named the 2nd is a pretty big stretch not that I;m saying he did not play well. Is it to add value to his trade status. IMO. Kuemper outplayed Lou, saw more and had the more difficult shots, and was very good positionaly, yet hes 3rd star. Setoguchi had a very good night and was dangerous..but not a mention.

This is not the first time I've noticed the " homer" 3 star bias. Its almost getting embarrassing !

Usually it's someone that's in arena that's in charge of picking the three stars.. Sometimes, it's the home TV broadcasters or just the broadcasters themselves. Sportsnet sometimes picks the 3 stars.

I think for away broadcasters though, they choose their own for their own viewers but officially, it's from the people that are in charge of picking it that gets on NHL.com

Nobody really cares. There could be 5 or 6 sets of 3 stars for a game on any given night. You should pick your own 3 Stars.

3 Stars in the Arena

3 Stars for home teams TV broadcast

3 Stars for home teams Radio broadcast

3 Stars for road teams TV broadcast

3 Stars for road teams Radio broadcast

3 Stars picked by Smurf47

One has to wonder if there is an ulterior motive to the picking of the 3 stars. In last nights game, Hansen was easily the first star. Luongo being named the 2nd is a pretty big stretch not that I;m saying he did not play well. Is it to add value to his trade status. IMO. Kuemper outplayed Lou, saw more and had the more difficult shots, and was very good positionaly, yet hes 3rd star. Setoguchi had a very good night and was dangerous..but not a mention.

This is not the first time I've noticed the " homer" 3 star bias. Its almost getting embarrassing !

But Minnesota lost...

Why would they get the top two slots, after playing a terrible half of a game, and at best a decent other half. That doesn't take out Vancouvers great play for half and their average play the other. The only player who really had a great game for Minnesota's goalie.

And why wouldn't you give a start to the player who opened the scoring?

Also you complained how Setegouchi wasn't chosen, but Bieksa wasn't either. There are only THREE stars. In a 2-1 game, where one goalie played phenomenal and the other only let in a single goal (while on a very hot streak only allowing a single goal for a couple games), two of them are going to be goalies, and the other probably will be the one who scored the bigger goal on the winning team.

That isn't biased. If your definition of biased is that they said something positive about Vancouver over a struggling Minnesota I think you have no idea what bias means.

Archived