26 replies to this topic

#1 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

@TEAM1040: Heads up - Canucks boss @GMMikeGillis is slated to join #TEAM1040 today at 2:30

#2 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

POPULAR

Nothing new to report.

" Unless we get something that improves this team, we're more than happy having both goalies here until that happens."
" Ryan is improving nicely he's been practicing with the team and has made significant strides in his recovery. We're not going to rush him though. He'll play when he feels like he's ready and when the medical staff clears him to play."
"Our team is playing extremely well and it's the benefit of having two elite goaltenders"
"Jordan has done so well and all that we have asked him to do. It's showing in his play and it feels good to know that the way we're grooming our prospects is paying off."
"Kass is doing well I like his speed, how he's using his body and how he's sticking up for Henrik and Daniel everytime. He's doing all that we ask of him to do. For the most part he's been fairly consistent, but for him he needs to keep on improving everyday. This goes for all our young guys."

You all get the rest by now I hope.

Edited by The Kassassin Train, 13 February 2013 - 02:16 PM.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#3 Dr. Hockey

Dr. Hockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Thanks! I'll be at work unfortunately. Can someone provide a summery cap?

#4 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Thanks! I'll be at work unfortunately. Can someone provide a summery cap?

Just did.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#5 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Nothing new to report.

" Unless we get something that improves this team, we're more than happy having both goalies here until that happens."
" Ryan is improving nicely he's been practicing with the team and has made significant strides in his recovery. We're not going to rush him though. He'll play when he feels like he's ready and when the medical staff clears him to play."
"Our team is playing extremely well and it's the benefit of having two elite goaltenders"
"Jordan has done so well and all that we have asked him to do. It's showing in his play and it feels good to know that the way we're grooming our prospects is paying off."
"Kass is doing well I like his speed, how he's using his body and how he's sticking up for Henrik and Daniel everytime. He's doing all that we ask of him to do. For the most part he's been fairly consistent, but for him he needs to keep on improving everyday. This goes for all our young guys."

^This^

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#6 Kassian's Tooth

Kassian's Tooth

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Nothing new to report.

Thanks bro, you just saved me half an hour. I'll do AV's comments a head of time in the future to repay you.

#7 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Just did.

It's not 2:30...

#8 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I like how he isn't rushing kess, then again why would he? I'm happy that the canucks have a solid GM. look at all the teams who are firing their GM's.

Posted Image

#9 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Nothing new to report.

Don't know where you got that...

@TEAM1040: RT
@rjhenderson7: 230
@GMMikeGillis.. 245
@FarhanLaljiTSN.. 315
@BroadcastHolt.. 330
@DougMaclean.. 430
@reggierivers.. 530
@imacVanSun

#10 kacholu

kacholu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

@GMMikeGillis.. 245
@FarhanLaljiTSN.. 315
@BroadcastHolt.. 330
@DougMaclean.. 430
@reggierivers.. 530
@imacVanSun

It's a joke guys!
MG pretty much says all of that slightly different in almost every interview. I wouldn't be surprised if he says all the points above the exact same way.

#11 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

I don't know if he'll be that predictable. He's been known to blow things up in the past, maybe just a side comment that a trade is in place for Luongo....

Otherwise, I for one would liked to be reassured once again, that we'll keep both goaltenders for the season.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#12 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Whoever can post the main points of the interview, will get a nice big +1 from me.
Posted Image Posted Image

#13 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

@GMMikeGillis.. 245
@FarhanLaljiTSN.. 315
@BroadcastHolt.. 330
@DougMaclean.. 430
@reggierivers.. 530
@imacVanSun

Mike Gillis is my agent.

The idiocy on CDC....

#14 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Whoever can post the main points of the interview, will get a nice big +1 from me.

Let's see... erm.. *nothing has changed since the last time we looked* and that may include a bit of selling of *i'm not in a desperate need of letting a goalie go for cheaper than need be* think that sums it up nicely... and i really don't need a plus one to figure it out.
HABS SUCK!!!

#15 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Nothing new to report.

To elaborate as well:

-Mentioned that Kes/Booth's return does not mean J-Schro gets bumped, he stays as long as he plays well. Which is management/coach MO.

-Mentioned that it was a unexpected suprise that the players have become tighter as a team in witnessing how Lu and Schnieds have been handling the non stop questions.

-Was very happy to see Mase return to form from such a serious and gnarly injury, and that the lockout was a benefit for his rehab.

-Finally elaborated on what kept Bally in the pressbox (and confirmed what i felt all along), Injuries, and his inability to play through them.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#16 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Mike Gillis is my agent.

Mine too.. Guys a beauty, he got me an extra snickers bar and a high five with every WCB cheque. I wanted a longer term and more money but the cba didn't allow it so he scored me some chocolate and a moral booster.

#17 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

^
Damn I'm good.... Hahahaha

The idiocy on CDC....

#18 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Mine too.. Guys a beauty, he got me an extra snickers bar and a high five with every WCB cheque. I wanted a longer term and more money but the cba didn't allow it so he scored me some chocolate and a moral booster.

Good to hear. Ive been looking for a new agent.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#19 Youth_Movement

Youth_Movement

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

can anyone post a link to the audio?
CUP OR BUST!!!!!!

#20 freebass

freebass

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Did he make any mention of Malhotra?

I never thought this forum would ever be any good but this whole penis thing is pretty awesome.

I said we lost to USA because of ARE GOALTENDING!!! do you know how to read?

#21 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Ok who's going to be the nice guy and post the crib notes? I guarantee you will be +20.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#22 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Did he make any mention of Malhotra?

Nope.

Did say that Schroeder has played very well and is there because of his play. If he continues to play well, he isn't going anywhere.

#23 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Nope.

Did say that Schroeder has played very well and is there because of his play. If he continues to play well, he isn't going anywhere.

That is all I wanted to hear.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#24 Kassian's Tooth

Kassian's Tooth

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

All interviews with Canucks staff should start with... "This is a recording."

#25 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

"Our team is playing extremely well and it's the benefit of having two elite goaltenders" MG

MMmmmmmm.What am I missing here? You have one elite goalie ,Mike,and you are actively exploring every option available to shove his butt and contract you saddled the club with down the road.Give it a break.

#26 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

"Our team is playing extremely well and it's the benefit of having two elite goaltenders" MG

MMmmmmmm.What am I missing here? You have one elite goalie ,Mike,and you are actively exploring every option available to shove his butt and contract you saddled the club with down the road.Give it a break.

Last time i checked we have 2, do your research nit wit.
I Love Lamp...

#27 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

So basically the same old, same old... Things we already knew! lol MG is so firm with his style, you can't help but love the guy! :bigblush:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.