The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Eric Tangradi to Winnipeg for 2013 7th

Kyosama

wow 6'4 224ln 24yr old former 2nd round pick who hasnt been given a fair shot in the laegue yet goes for a 7th rounder.

I woulda traded for him too, good depth for the farm at the very least, he seems like a power forward maybe a late bloomer that could turn into a solid 3rd or 4th liner with his size

he has shown the ability to put up alright numbers in the AHL

wow 6'4 224ln 24yr old former 2nd round pick who hasnt been given a fair shot in the laegue yet goes for a 7th rounder.

I woulda traded for him too, good depth for the farm at the very least, he seems like a power forward maybe a late bloomer that could turn into a solid 3rd or 4th liner with his size

he has shown the ability to put up alright numbers in the AHL

He had more chances than that last year. I wouldn't call him a bust either just that he had no more use to Pittsburgh. More than likely they just wanted to shed his contract so that they can offer a UFA a deal in the next few days.

I was able to view him twice this year with WBS and he did noting to establish himself in either game.

He had more chances than that last year. I wouldn't call him a bust either just that he had no more use to Pittsburgh. More than likely they just wanted to shed his contract so that they can offer a UFA a deal in the next few days.

I was able to view him twice this year with WBS and he did noting to establish himself in either game.

At one point, Tangradi was considered the best prospect in hockey with a 8.5B on Hockey Futures. Another reason why people shouldn't base everything off what they read. Tangradi always had skating problems, but for whatever reason found ways to produce in and that skyrocketed his value. He's not a NHL player right now, but he's still young. Big power forwards don't usually get the NHL game until their late 20's, so it's not a complete bust yet. Pittsburgh rushed him, guy could use some time developing again. Now rather than being forced to play in a scoring role, the jets can be patients with him and slot him in a bottom six role.

Archived