The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PP & Garrison

RIP Ripper

Am I the only one a little shocked not to see Garrison on the first unit PP, or any PP for that matter!?

I get that the PP is struggling, but after all, he is our prized off season acquisition and a proven scorer.

I'm wondering if the problem is with special teams coaching or lack of talent on the top unit?

I have my theory, just interested in hearing thoughts of others.

Let's see.Daniel Sedin is playing the point on the PP.

Garrison is a defensive player that had the great offensive stat pumper gift of playing with an elite d man in Florida that set him up a gazillion time.

I hope Gillis and the .org had this figured out because many fan boys on CDC are either in denial or just dumb bunnies.

It always takes a while for a defenceman to adjust to a new team. Garrison is doing just fine, remember how bad Alberts was when he came over for that playoff series against LA? Next season, when there's a proper camp and everything, then we can evaluate Garrison's game properly but for now, he's still working out the kinks, thankfully he hasn't screwed anything up too badly, that's all you can really ask from a guy in this situation.

He's been pretty solid defensively with a team high +7. He needs to work on his accuracy, but he sure gets behind those shots. He's a big guy and will keep the net clear in the playoffs (which none of the other D seem to be able to do). He will be like a Willie Mitchel stay at home D.

It always takes a while for a defenceman to adjust to a new team. Garrison is doing just fine, remember how bad Alberts was when he came over for that playoff series against LA? Next season, when there's a proper camp and everything, then we can evaluate Garrison's game properly but for now, he's still working out the kinks, thankfully he hasn't screwed anything up too badly, that's all you can really ask from a guy in this situation.

When we are healthy...

Kesler-sedin-sedin

Edler-garrison

Umbrella set up: edler on the left circle, garrison at the top and hank on the right circle with Danny and kes down low

Booth-burrows-Raymond/Higgins

Hamhuis-bieksa

We are paying him 4.6m for his shot and his pp goals, how do u expect to get ur money's worth if u don't put him in position to succeed???

He is missing the net because he his gripping his stick to tight and he needs something good to happen to relax

I'd like to see him play 5 on 5 on the right side just to see if he can do it and relieve edler.....they say edler is least worst on the right side but how would they know if they havent tried garrison on that side???

Archived