The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Summer not the time to trade big contracts, this year!

J.I.A.H.N

Not if I read that right..............explanation......2013-2014 NYI have 12 players under contract for a total of 29,000,000

they will need another 11 to 13 players under contract for

another 15,000,000 to reach the cap....not hard at all!

Pheonix has 10 players under contract for a total of 32,000,000

They are 2 of the bottom 3 low cap teams for next year..............no one will have problems reaching the cap

You do realize that the bottom teams on that list are NOT desirable destinations for UFAs, yes?

Sure, those teams could pull a Tallon/Panthers' summer of '11 and pay 3rd & 4th liners at a top-six player's salary just to hit the floor but is that the best usage of their scrooge-like owner's dollars and will they have the same impact, year in - year out, that Luongo will?

I think it would be best to have the Luongo saga ended by the trade deadline..i know ppl would love to see Luongo stay here till the summer but i can't possibly see a team offering any more then than the offers would be now.. I can see Ballard being moved for a decent asset in the off-season assuming he can keep this play up.. my idea of decent is probably far different from most thinking but a 2nd round pick seems about right and the talk at the beginning of the season was to buy him out so any asset really is a plus.

Archived