The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TSN] Evander Kane says criticism racially motivated

Noheart

I thought he waited too long to play the race card. Back in training camp when the local media were doing their hatchet job on him would have been the time to use it, although I have no doubt this will back them off some. Gary Lawless in particular has been climbing all over him since last summer, it will be interesting to see whether Lawless cools it a bit. If Lawless tones down his relentless attack on Kane then the race card ploy was a success in my opinion.

This is going to be an interesting story to follow.

I really liked Kane as a junior. Being a Giants ticket holder, he was a force on the ice and I was excited to see him make a big splash in the NHL

It seems since he turned pro, I've heard nothing but bad press about him. I highly doubt race is the issue because it seems a lot of the bad press is due to his poor decision making. Man, I hate when the race card is pulled over some minor bad press.

The only person who is making this a "because I'm black" issue is Kane.

Kane is an arrogant brat, plain and simple. He make millions of dollars playing hockey and rubs it in people's faces. A sport mind you which most working people play for fun. Then he wonders why people get upset.

There might be a reason why Kane is alone in Las Vegas. Nobody wants to hang out with a douche bag... not even Mayweather by the sounds of it.

Archived