The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Wild Place Kassian on waivers

D.Doughty

After Saturdays ass kicking by the Leafs maybe he is Montreal bound. I would take him. Beats the hell out of Volpatti as a 2 minute tough guy. Funny how the Leafs got a whole lot better and braver with the additions of McLaren, Fraser and Orr.

After Saturdays ass kicking by the Leafs maybe he is Montreal bound. I would take him. Beats the hell out of Volpatti as a 2 minute tough guy. Funny how the Leafs got a whole lot better and braver with the additions of McLaren, Fraser and Orr.

Volpatti is 6.0- 215lbs. 3 goals and -3 in 50 NHL games.

Kassianis 6-5 -240lbs. 2 goals and -3 in 28 NHL games.

Dont get me wrong, I like Volpatti, he just dosent scare anyone with bad intentions towards Henrick and Daniel IMHO.

So ya I guess Im serious. Wishful thinking though as MG does not see the value of a bonified tough guy. I hope our skill guys can survive the abuse that is continually given to them. Remember the elbow on Daniel last year and the lack of response. The team was basically done after that IMHO. For 2 or 3 minutes a game I would rather have the big guy.

Strong believer in carrying a heavyweight enforcer in the league, but would I say claim Matt Kassian off waivers? Nope.

He's on a one-way contract...don't know how the Craig Leipold would feel about paying him that much to play in the minors. If he clears, I would like to see Mike Gillis kick the tires on a possible Guillaume Desbiens for Matt Kassian swap. Re-assign him to the Chicago Wolves and have that option in the future if needed.

Archived