The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dale Weiss- please explain

garthsbutcher

Yeah I'm not really a fan, it seems like he thinks he's a scorer, but he's a plug and he plays on the 4th line.

Would rather have someone who can hit people through the boards.

His speed doesn't really matter since he barely hits and doesn't have the puck skills to use it to his advantage.

Im sure hes a character guy but someone has to tell me what this guys brings to the table. There has to be a better option even at this price point. I just dont see the positives. No hands, cant fight, cant pass. Perhaps when booth and kessler are ready, weiss might just be put on waivers.

Yeah I'm not really a fan, it seems like he thinks he's a scorer, but he's a plug and he plays on the 4th line.

Would rather have someone who can hit people through the boards.

His speed doesn't really matter since he barely hits and doesn't have the puck skills to use it to his advantage.

Weise is a career fourth liner who has been miscast as a pretender on the third line for parts of the first 10 games this season. He has settled into his role as a fourth liner now.

I've never been a proponent of having a bona-fide enforcer on the club, but after watching a has-been team of the likes of the Wild take liberties with the Sedins last night, I think we need to replace a guy like Weise with a guy like Frazer McLaren of Toronto, another Winnipeg boy (I was totally unaware of McLaren until someone responded to one of most posts...thanks for the heads up). Weise seems to play the role of a fourth liner pretty well (i.e., energy, hits, forechecks hard, has good enough defensive awareness), but he doesn't instill a whole lot of fear to act as a deterrent for liberties taken against our skilled guys.

This will free up the likes of Lapierre and Kassian to concentrate on playing vs. pushing back.

he's not on this team to score - he's been invisible lately cause he was on the third line at one point? what does a fourth liner do on the third line - he has no clue!

Weise - Lappierre - Volpatti

come playoff time you'll all be apperciating how much hitting these guys will be doing...

he's not on this team to score - just hit and occasionally stick up for his teammates

stop looking for problems with a player when there aren't any..

Archived