The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dale Weiss- please explain

garthsbutcher

I don't have the numbers but it seems to me we're on a six game winning streak and Weiss hasn't been responsible for too many goals. He gets in quick on the forecheck and he doesn't back down. You don't have to win every fight to get respect. Hockeyfights is a site for those who can't get enough MMA and comic book violence. He's still young, he's tough but has skill and he's not just a knuckle dragger.

Talent Analysis

Weise is a gritty character winger, who has some offensive upside and good leadership abilities. Although willing to fight to protect teammates, it is not his strength, but Weise is strong on the puck and can provide energy at the NHL level. [Hockey's Future]

He's 24yrs old and has only played in 90 NHL games, so there's still room for development. If he lives up to his talent analysis he will be a very a decent 4th liner, who is the fastest skater on his team.

Talent Analysis

Weise is a gritty character winger, who has some offensive upside and good leadership abilities. Although willing to fight to protect teammates, it is not his strength, but Weise is strong on the puck and can provide energy at the NHL level. [Hockey's Future]

He's 24yrs old and has only played in 90 NHL games, so there's still room for development. If he lives up to his talent analysis he will be a very affective 3/4th lliner, who is the fastest skater on his team.

Im sure hes a character guy but someone has to tell me what this guys brings to the table. There has to be a better option even at this price point. I just dont see the positives. No hands, cant fight, cant pass. Perhaps when booth and kesler are ready, weiss might just be put on waivers.

Archived