BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

6 words
cant fight, cant score, cant pass

I agree..he really doesn't perform his role at all, just skates around fast, falls down and its the boards...

I'm sure the nucks can find a cheaper, better role player.

#92 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Honestly Dale Weise should be waived. He thinks he is some skilled player, barely hits... and just does... well nothing.

Would like a more bruising fourth liner.

With that said, don't have anything to complain about his defensive game... he just does nothing good... just a body out there... at least its' still better then the likes of Glass and Ryan Johnson.

Glass hit and forechecked well
Johnson was one of the best shot blockers in the league

you have no idea what you are talking about - Weise is junk

#93 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Does anyone remember when Kevin "Juice" Bieksa was the local whipping boy for a year or so, everyone was throwing him under the bus.

#94 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

Weise>Fanner Glass.

#95 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Trade him for Stamkos. Problem solved.

We underpay unless we get Hedman as well.

#96 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

A replacement for Torres? Give me a break. Torres is 100x the player Weise will ever be. Torres is the epitome of heart as well as pure nastiness. Even if Weise finds a bit of a scoring touch, he will never bring what Torres brung and continues to bring. The Canucks still have a void from not resigning Raffi.

Here here!

#97 Horvat x 53

Horvat x 53

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Im sure hes a character guy but someone has to tell me what this guys brings to the table. There has to be a better option even at this price point. I just dont see the positives. No hands, cant fight, cant pass. Perhaps when booth and kesler are ready, weiss might just be put on waivers.

Worst fans in hockey ...I didnt know GM MG brought him in to be in our top 6 at... what is it 700kThat is one cheap top 6 goal scorerBTW learn the names of the players on the team first

uA4Bucw.png

Leaguegaming.com 

Largest 6's league in the world for the xbox360/one

LGHL S18 Minnesota Wild LW 

LGPS S2 Money Tournament Dream Team LW 

#98 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

lol at all the hate here for the only forward on the whole team who gave enough of a crap to play somewhere during the lockout. Maybe he should "Bertuzzi" a Bruin or a Black Hawk next time we face them. Result: Instant fan favorite I would wager.

Hansen played in Finland and Raymond played in Sweden.
Posted Image

#99 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Who leads our forwards in blocked shots?
Posted Image

#100 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

I agree..he really doesn't perform his role at all, just skates around fast, falls down and its the boards...

I'm sure the nucks can find a cheaper, better role player.

Better maybe. Cheaper not likely. Who have you got in mind for a cap hit of 615,000?

#101 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Good speed, decent size and hits for a low cap hit.

Is he the best fourth liner in the league? No. Is he a useless bag of skin? No.

He'll likely be a spare once Kesler/Booth are back anyway with spot duty for injuries and/or the occasion we play larger teams (him and Volpatti).. OP is putting way to much thought in to a 4th liner/extra forward.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#102 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

I would much rather see Pinozotto in than Weise

#103 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

So now that our top three lines and goalies are doing well and we are scoring, are we looking towards our fourth line to hate on now? I guess Dale is now our new whipping boy? Can't wait to see who it will be next week.

He is a fourth liner and his role is to get the puck out of the zone, tire out the other team and get an offensive zone face off without being a liability. I think he is doing his job just fine and it seems like CDC is now just nitpicking. I don't remember the last time he made a defensive blunder so that to me makes a good fourth liner. He may not win a lot of his fights but he's only 24 and the fact he is at least willing to throw down whenever called upon is enough for me. I'd rather have him than some goon who goes around getting instigator penalties costing the team the game.

#104 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Weise contributes nothing, trade him back to Dutch League for a Bienenstich cake.

#105 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Well I think he has a place in the roster. He IS fast, he's a trier (I always admire that) he is quite versatile although not outstanding in anything.............plus I thought he put up a decent fight against the Boston guy, whose name escapes me.

He may fade out once/if Pinizzotto gets fit, who knows.
Kevin.jpg

#106 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

So now that our top three lines and goalies are doing well and we are scoring, are we looking towards our fourth line to hate on now? I guess Dale is now our new whipping boy? Can't wait to see who it will be next week.

He is a fourth liner and his role is to get the puck out of the zone, tire out the other team and get an offensive zone face off without being a liability. I think he is doing his job just fine and it seems like CDC is now just nitpicking. I don't remember the last time he made a defensive blunder so that to me makes a good fourth liner. He may not win a lot of his fights but he's only 24 and the fact he is at least willing to throw down whenever called upon is enough for me. I'd rather have him than some goon who goes around getting instigator penalties costing the team the game.

You waste your time. In the 06/07 season they said exactly the same thing about Burrows on the fourth line. Doesn't produce, doesn't fight, waste of a roster spot.

Yet among all forwards that season he was:
2nd in hits
2nd in blocked shots
2nd in takeaways
2nd in pk ice time
Agitated
Drew penalties
13th in total ice time per game

All for the league minimum salary.

Yet the vast majority here referred to him as useless and wanted him out. Points are not the only way to contribute to team success. I argued that point all season long in 06/07 to no avail.
Posted Image

#107 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

he's pretty much a replacement for Torres except he doesn't hit as hard as Torres and doesn't get suspended.

And doesn't score. And can't fight his way out of wet paper bag.
But, apparently he's he Dutch Gretzky.
Hopefully when Kes and Booth come back we won't see him any more.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#108 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

He's not bad for 14th-ish on the depth chart - he may be frustrating with the puck on his stick (yeah, there's a lack of vision/ability to find his team-mates there, perhaps because he needs to keep his eye on the puck :bigblush: ) but his speed and grit are handy when it comes to playing a role with Lappy/Manny on the shutdown line. He's young, he came for free, he isn't going to scare people but he will stand up for his team-mates. There's probably room to upgrade, but not much point in complaining about what Weise has given at very little cost.

#109 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

The 4th line has been very strong this season. Lots of O zone play. My only concern is the regular season is not playoff hockey. The Canucks do not have a Bruin Thorton who pretty much turned the tide against Van in '11. Neither Weise or Volpatti carry enough weight, Lapierre does. I also suggest that if Van had 3 forward lines that were scoring the pressure on the 4th line would be reduced.

#110 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hansen played in Finland and Raymond played in Sweden.

I stand corrected, thanks. Funny, both those players are playing extremely well, too.

#111 Profanity

Profanity

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

This a exactly what we needed. A stupid thread on a non game day.

#112 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

I would much rather see Pinozotto in than Weise

Because we have such a good read on Pinzotto because of his wealth of NHL experience??? The CDC just continues to give and give with moronic posts.
Posted Image

#113 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

You waste your time. In the 06/07 season they said exactly the same thing about Burrows on the fourth line. Doesn't produce, doesn't fight, waste of a roster spot.

Yet among all forwards that season he was:
2nd in hits
2nd in blocked shots
2nd in takeaways
2nd in pk ice time
Agitated
Drew penalties
13th in total ice time per game

All for the league minimum salary.

Yet the vast majority here referred to him as useless and wanted him out. Points are not the only way to contribute to team success. I argued that point all season long in 06/07 to no avail.

Stop confusing everyone with the facts. This is the CDC!!!!
Posted Image

#114 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

he isnt a bad 4th liner at all.... look at other teams 4th line...

#115 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

The 4th line has been very strong this season. Lots of O zone play. My only concern is the regular season is not playoff hockey. The Canucks do not have a Bruin Thorton who pretty much turned the tide against Van in '11. Neither Weise or Volpatti carry enough weight, Lapierre does. I also suggest that if Van had 3 forward lines that were scoring the pressure on the 4th line would be reduced.

Although true about Thorton, LA Kings relied on their fourth line to play smart aggressive hockey without gooning it up. They actually chipped in on goals and forechecked hard. If our fourth line can do the same during playoffs then we are set. However, I do know that's an IF.

For now I don't see a problem with Weise and there is no reason for the hate thread at this point in time. He is playing well for a fourth liner.

Edited by DooBie604, 14 February 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#116 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Im sure hes a character guy but someone has to tell me what this guys brings to the table. There has to be a better option even at this price point. I just dont see the positives. No hands, cant fight, cant pass. Perhaps when booth and kesler are ready, weiss might just be put on waivers.

Long lost brother of Florida's Stephen Weiss

/=S=/

#117 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I can't see it being difficult to upgrade Weise, Tangradi just went for a 7th and is way better. Jared Boll is probably not too difficult to get from Columbus right now and would be a great add. There's better options out there and they should be explored.

#118 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I can't see it being difficult to upgrade Weise, Tangradi just went for a 7th and is way better. Jared Boll is probably not too difficult to get from Columbus right now and would be a great add. There's better options out there and they should be explored.

You're undervaluing Weise like crazy.

/=S=/

#119 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

You're undervaluing Weise like crazy.

How? Explain? Weise has been a negative player on a very good team for 3 years. He's 3rd most in hits on a team that doesn't hit. Is that supposed to impress someone? Compare his hits to effective 4th liners and get back to me, not to mention Jordan Schroeder hits harder.I don't expect him to put up points, though it probably should be expected with how many point blank chances he's whiffed on.

There are lots of players out there that can skate, are responsible but can actually hit and fight. Make no mistake, if we had Jared Boll nobody ever touches a Sedin again. The piece of mind that would bring to the team is more than Weise will ever contribute here.

Edited by Kulikov, 14 February 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#120 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Honestly, too many yippie-skippy types in this town got too much of a boner from his no competition stats in some substandard euro league. Lol at explaining why those stats didn't translate here. 'Derp. No crap, genius.'

Until the guy actually does something to solidify a spot here, all the advanced stats in the world doesn't change his depth player status.

has nothing to do with his dutch league stats. there is a reason why he was claimed of waivers by the Canucks.
he is a talented player that will fight , hit and score if he has a chance.
why the hate? so he will never play a full season as a top line player.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.