Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elvis15

[Injury] Karlsson achilles cut 70% in battle with Cooke, out 3-4 mo after surgery

266 posts in this topic

TSNBobMcKenzie

OTT's Erik Karlsson just left game vs PIT with possible skate cut to back of left leg. Matt Cooke's skate blade below calf but above heel.

Oh man, that must suck. Bieksa 3.0. I want to see footage of this. I don't trust that runt Matt cooke even if he says he's changed his game.

possibly incidental, but keep your skates on the ice you moron, cooke. His leg shouldn't have been that high up.

They're already thin on the blueline, they could get desperate.

Ballard's value is at an all time high right now, maybe MG can strike a deal.

Noesen or Puempel please :)

Wow... I feel bad for Ottawa (losing their 2 best players) and Karlsson for having that happen.

Reminds me what happened to Bieksa in 2007 2008 season. He is going to be out for the rest of this season. Huge loss for Ottawa. Its like us losing Dan Hamhius, (however we have the depth to make it up.)

Just heard on the game commentary that Karlsson is out with a cut achilles tendon which will need surgery to repair. Yikes. :(

Looks like he's done for the season.

Lacerated Achilles

@NHL_Sens

Update on Karlsson: Erik suffered a laceration to his left achilles, which will require surgery to repair. He will be out indefinitely.

Bummer.

Cooke IS a sneaky little creep. Couple years back, didn't he accuse PK Subban of using his skates dangerously,(said 'no respect', or something)? I believe it was during the Habs last run, with Halak.

Cooke IS a sneaky little creep. Couple years back, didn't he accuse PK Subban of using his skates dangerously,(said 'no respect', or something)? I believe it was during the Habs last run, with Halak.

Spezza and Karlsson out, the sens are screwed

That doesn't look intentional, even if it's coming from a guy like Matt Cooke. Remember the Bieksa calf injuries?

This comes from someone who is totally biased towards Karlsson and needed him to keep my hockey pool afloat.

Damn that sucks, I wanted to see how many points he could put up this season and if he'd repeat for the Norris.