The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injury] Karlsson achilles cut 70% in battle with Cooke, out 3-4 mo after surgery

elvis15

I thought we were talking about watching the Cooke play? Watching hockey has everything to so with this, Not if we "played hockey" or not. Also, I never suggested I'm "an expert" but I guess someone will put up suttons expert YT clip and fully derail this thread....Would you care to elaborate why I'm an expert? Or is that another thinly veiled attempt at a PA? Or do you want to try and stay on topic and maybe discuss the Cooke play and how it played out, not how we saw it and which qualifications help us watch hockey.

It's just that Cooke did become enraged earlier in the game. The incident is recorded in one of the long form pieces on this this story that was broadcast soon after the event. And Cooke does seem to exhibit a number psychopathic traits in his personality. Check out the link I provided in one of my previous posts to clarify what I mean by psychopath. I'm not talking about serial killers here.

And your completely off topic.once again.  What you bring up is not subject matter related to this thread, it brings nothing to the perfect storm argument you are so willing to accept. Are you here to defend the "perfect storm" idea you are so willing to accept? Or are you here for another reason?

I still think it looked intentional. And Matt Cooke's track record needs to be considered here as well. He was 'playing angry' that night because he took a Sergei Gonchar shot in the neck; he could be seen raving like a lunatic on the bench after this play.

I have no trouble believing that an enraged psychopath is capable of stomping on another player with his skate blade.

No he was enraged on the bench. Search out the video. He was stark raving after having been hit in the neck by a Sergei Gonchar point shot.. And your right, it's quite irrelevant in assessing his psychopathic traits, which, as the article points out, can be quite an advantage in life. This is just my personal feeling having followed his exploits through the years.

I;m not off topic at all.

I believe your lack of actual hockey experience discredits your take on this particular incident. The injury to Karlsson was a freak accident, not a "perfect storm" and I'm here to argue against those who make assumptions of culpability when they don't know what they're talking about.

Right, is this where I'm supposed to prove something? I proved that logic dictates we accept the hypothesis with the least amount of assumptions. Is there more variables in the  ("perfect storm" that takes place in a "freak accident" ) or Cooke reacting instinctually when an oppurtunity arises, just as he has in the past?

IMO 4 or five things, maybe more , would HAVE to play out for the "freak accident" to occur. It's also of MO that Cooke reacted instinctually, in a predatory  and physically punishing fashion, just as he has in the past. He has been known to make the wrong split second decision before...

Watching this video, it looked like he gets knocked off balance trying to shove Karlsson but his leg looks like it comes up awkwardly to how he's moving.

Does it look intentional? Well it does and it doesn't. I couldn't say either way personally.

And that's all I have to say on this matter.

This whole thing is stupid. he was using his leg to help direct the body into the boards. I see it every damn day. This time it ended with a goofy ass skate cut on the play. crap happens. Some guy in my rec league got hauled out on an ambulance the other day due to a collision. The guy who did it may or may not have been a goon in his past, i don't know, shouldnt matter, play was accedental.

Archived