The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injury] Karlsson achilles cut 70% in battle with Cooke, out 3-4 mo after surgery

elvis15

Of course it was an accident. I can't believe anyone in the media even started to suggest otherwise.

Just look at the play. He's not even looking at where Karlsson's leg is.

It was a freak play, just like Bieksa's two leg lacerations. When you skate around with giant blades on your feet, accidents are bound to eventually happen.

This is absolutely intentional. There's NO NEED for your skate to be that high up on someone's leg.

Maybe he didn't mean to cut him, but he definitely meant to kick him. Absolutely Cooke was trying to kick Karlsson's leg out.

And that's really all you need to establish complete guilt. You aren't supposed to be kicking at people's legs in hockey. Why? You have a WORD on your foot.

Anyone who says "this is just a tough battle on the boards, and kicking legs is a part of hockey" is a retard and should be shot. This is why trying to slewfoot slew foot or leg trip someone in hockey is so dangerous. If you hook the leg the wrong way, your blade can slice their leg.

This is why the NHL needs to stop suspending for outcomes, and start suspending for actions. I hope Cooke gets 20 games for reckless use of his skates. Keep your skates on the ice.

This is absolutely intentional. There's NO NEED for your skate to be that high up on someone's leg.

Maybe he didn't mean to cut him, but he definitely meant to kick him. Absolutely Cooke was trying to kick Karlsson's leg out.

And that's really all you need to establish complete guilt. You aren't supposed to be kicking at people's legs in hockey. Why? You have a WORD on your foot.

Anyone who says "this is just a tough battle on the boards, and kicking legs is a part of hockey" is a retard and should be shot. This is why trying to slewfoot slew foot or leg trip someone in hockey is so dangerous. If you hook the leg the wrong way, your blade can slice their leg.

This is why the NHL needs to stop suspending for outcomes, and start suspending for actions. I hope Cooke gets 20 games for reckless use of his skates. Keep your skates on the ice.

part of me says "accident" then the other part of me smacks the first part while saying; "DUDE! This is Cooke we are talking about!" So I would have liked to have seen the NHL actually hand down a punishment and say; "sorry, it was an accident" for all the things he got away with over the years.

I don't care what TSN analysts or any other so called expert says. I have eyes of my own and I've watched more hockey over the past couple of decades than most of these so called analysts.

Cooke knew where his skate was and what he was doing.

Did Cooke know it would be so severe? Probably not.

Did Cooke know what he was doing? Yes.

This squid should be suspended for at least a season and more. Too bad NHL will pretend it was an accident in order to save a black eye for the league and sport.

Archived