The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injury] Karlsson achilles cut 70% in battle with Cooke, out 3-4 mo after surgery

elvis15

Of course it was an accident. I can't believe anyone in the media even started to suggest otherwise.

Just look at the play. He's not even looking at where Karlsson's leg is.

It was a freak play, just like Bieksa's two leg lacerations. When you skate around with giant blades on your feet, accidents are bound to eventually happen.

If there was anyone that deserved to be falsely accused of something it may be Matt Cooke. I'm just joking, but it is kind of on interesting twist off fate.

Too bad for Karlsson, and too bad for us that watch hockey. The NHL just got a little more boring tonight.

That really was a terrible accident. I wish him speedy recovery.

I agree with DeNiro that these kinds of accidents are bound to happen with that many sharp blades on the ice. Just look at the game pics on the Canucks website and you can see how often their skates are off the ice and in dangerous areas. Seriously, it's amazing more guys don't get cut.

Damn looked really painful, we all remember when the same thing happened to Bieksa twice.

I highly doubt it was intentional though. I doubt anyone would be accusing him of doing it on purpose if it weren't Matt Cooke. Unless Cooke is a complete ninja.

Definitely looked deliberate. No way Cooke needed his skate to come up and then down exactly on that spot on that particular play.

Esp. considering it's Cooke, this should be looked at by Shanny. But i doubt he'd be suspended regardless.

This pretty much destroys Ottawa's playoff hopes, you'd think.

cooke losing balance while going into the boards is the only thing that saves him, watching aaron wards breakdown, but when you watch it in slow motion it sure does look suspicious.. given that its cooke on the best defensman in the league I dont blame people for being suspicious.

Accidental, but yeah, with Cookie's history people have reason to wonder. We're lucky stuff like this doesn't happen more often what with the high speed of hockey and how often player's skates leave the ice. I was sure Lappy was gonna get cut last night when Kassian crushed Coyle and his legs went right up towards him.

Archived