The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injury] Karlsson achilles cut 70% in battle with Cooke, out 3-4 mo after surgery

elvis15

I don't believe for a nano-second that was a complete accident.

Anyone who cant make a routine stop without pressing the blade of his skate into people should be kicked out. Absolute garbage. Get this POS out of the league. It's MATT COOKE ffs. He probably thinks he had people fooled he was a clean player again so he thought he could sneak some 'accidents' in again. I'm not fooled, and if he isn't booted from the NHL for this I'd have lost what little faith I have left in the disciplinary actions of the NHL.

Boot Cooke, Hefty fine for the Pens and Cooke.

Order and faith restored.

People can say this and that about Matt Cooke or the specific play but having watched the game, the Pens were trying to injure the Sens best players. Pens players were trying to catch specific Sens players knee-on-knee, making dodgy checks from behind, and putting players headfirst into the boards for a good chunk of time before this happened. Pittsburgh looked like they had a particular objective and were practically immune from the refs calling them on it. I was cringing long before this happened and as soon as it did I was not the least bit surprised.

I don't believe for a nano-second that was a complete accident. Its just like when people used to 'accidentally run into Luongo'. What was his blade doing pressed up against his achilles tendon anyways? Cant he stop on his own power without ramming his blade into people? Absolute garbage. Get this pos out of the league.

People can say this and that about Matt Cooke or the specific play but having watched the game, the Pens were trying to injure the Sens best players. Pens players were trying to catch specific Sens players knee-on-knee, making dodgy checks from behind, and putting players headfirst into the boards for a good chunk of time before this happened. Pittsburgh looked like they had a particular objective and were practically immune from the refs calling them on it. I was cringing long before this happened and as soon as it did I was not the least bit surprised.

Jeez, I'm not one to change my mind after watching something in slo-mo over and over, but it really looks like an attempted slew foot (bad enough) that went horribly wrong. I just don't see a legit reason to have your skate 10 inches in the air when you're battling someone into the boards.

Cooke may have just fallen into my black category where Bryan Marchment exists.

Either way, Ottawa's in trouble. Defensively they've been brutal all season long anyway, Anderson's the single reason this team is any good right now. He's been standing on his head all season long, facing quality and quantity of shots.

Now the only problem is offence - missing two point-per-game producers in Spezza and Karlsson, this team is really going to struggle offensively. I don't see the Sens making any big deals either, so their playoff hopes are practically dashed. Karlsson will be done for the season.

Doesn't matter to me if it was accidental or not, he needs to be suspended. If you caused such injury and there is evidence of recklessness ... ie. skate up, left leg up to kick ... should result in a suspension. If NHL doesn't, players will exact their own revenge next time they play. In real life, an accidental murder ... manslaughter comes with punishment.

Archived